Nup to the Cup

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It won’t be banned. Our only hope is that people grow up and stop supporting it.
That's why we need something else bright and shiny to distract them from it and deter them away. I once again propose national dress up and get drunk day. It's the cup, without the horse abuse. It's a small step, but it's a start.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It won’t be banned. Our only hope is that people grow up and stop supporting it.
Maybe the big crowd days will die off but as long as you can launder a bag of cash the “sport” is going nowhere. Racing only exists because of betting..
Gambling and realesate are the gold standard of dirty cash good ol oz. You can still roll up with a suit case of cash to buy a house no questions asked just the same as laying a bet with a bookie..
Take gambling away from horse racing and it would gone overnight as an industry..

Reactions: T.3

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Any good? I'd try it, don't see why not.

Horse racing is stoopid.
I've eaten it cooked by me and it wasn't great. That was probably my own fault though - I thought it was beef, which a friend pointed out 'how could you expect to get beef that cheap in Japan? It's horse ya knob." or something to that effect.

I eat it sashimi style (basashi) now days and it is awesome. Soft subtle flavours rather than the tough strong flavour I expected. Often served with horseradish, ginger, garlic, soy...it's real nice.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
. You can still roll up with a suit case of cash to buy a house no questions..
You heard about this bill yeah?

I was one of the 3500 who wrote a submission opposing it.

Rest of Straya. Fuck it who cares.

Good luck with that.

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
Ahh yes, it's that time of the year when the once yearly animal rights activist comeout and pretend they're an expert on a sport.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Ahh yes, it's that time of the year when the once yearly animal rights activist comeout and pretend they're an expert on a sport.
It's a high profile event that the industry, government, and media make a huge spectacle of, and glorify gambling and alcoholism. Can you think of a better time to say "nah, this is bullshit aye"?

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Skydome

It's a high profile event that the industry, government, and media make a huge spectacle of, and glorify gambling and alcoholism. Can you think of a better time to say "nah, this is bullshit aye"?

Most people that make a big deal about it are repeating the same shit they have for decades, it gets boring dude and some of it is even outright fake news too and than they all go to sleep till next year so it doesn't really do anything apart from provide a bit of entertainment for the stupid uneducated comments that get made.

I understand people don't like the sport but there's an easy solution, don't even acknowledge it exist. I don't like football or cricket but you don't see me going around asking to get it banned because I don't like it, no I simply just ignore it.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Most people that make a big deal about it are repeating the same shit they have for decades, it gets boring dude and some of it is even outright fake news too.

I understand people don't like the sport but there's an easy solution, don't even acknowledge it exist. I don't like football or cricket but you don't see me going around asking to get it banned because I don't like it, no I simply just ignore it.
Can't remember the last time a footballer was euthanized behind a tarp when they busted a leg?

I always disliked the cup. Despite the day off, despite not knowing/caring about animals welfare way back as a kid. The great big farce they make of a minute long horse race is obscene. And that's without looking at the gambling and alcohol issues that also get me all soapboxxy.

Fuck the cup, and fuck the sensitivity of the people that don't like being told it's a giant pile of shitfuckery

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Most people that make a big deal about it are repeating the same shit they have for decades, it gets boring dude and some of it is even outright fake news too and than they all go to sleep till next year so it doesn't really do anything apart from provide a bit of entertainment for the stupid uneducated comments that get made.

Yes cricket absolutely has the same level of cruelty.

Skydome

Yes cricket absolutely has the same level of cruelty.
What about the trees they cut down to make the cricket bats? That tree could be supporting a family of birds.

Than there's the leather on the cricket balls.

And footballs use animal skin or waste plastics in creating it.

I also what animal crulty are we talking about here with horse racing?

Whips aren't some destructive force like you've been led to believe and the horses skin is relatively thick so they feel little discomfort from the whipping.

The only real injuries that can occur is inflammation and redness which easily treated and they also have excessive whipping rules during races for this reason.

The only issue I can see is that excessive whipping doesn't seem to carry much of a penalty.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
What about the trees they cut down to make the cricket bats? That tree could be supporting a family of birds.

Than there's the leather on the cricket balls.

And footballs use animal skin or waste plastics in creating it.

I also what animal crulty are we talking about here with horse racing?

Whips aren't some destructive force like you've been led to believe and the horses skin is relatively thick so they feel little discomfort from the whipping.

The only real injuries that can occur is inflammation and redness which easily treated and they also have excessive whipping rules during races for this reason.

The only issue I can see is that excessive whipping doesn't seem to carry much of a penalty.
Are you for real?...or shitposting? Can't tell....