International Notice to all members with trading access

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
We have been working through tidying up the for sale and wtb posts. Sadly the bot that is supposed to clear the sold or found items is having a bad hair day.

A couple of points that you guys can help us:

Don't delete the posts once you have sold or found just write sold or found in the thread title like you agreed to when access was given. By all means remove contact details if you put an address or telephone number in there. It is a valuable resource for people wanting an idea on what stuff has sold and for what price and also on pricing their gear.

Have a look through and see if you have any stale ads or have sold / found something but forgotten to tidy up the posts. @Tubbsy and I will be going through and removing any post that is earlier than 2019. If you have an old post and it is still valid bump it up. You have a week.

Finally just a reminder to use the template, you agreed to do that. Been pretty good so keep it up. I just delete those that dont use the template, @Tubbsy is a little more lenient and gives you 60 seconds to use the template.

Thanks.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Thanks @Dales Cannon.

We all get to enjoy Rotorburn for free with very little advertising getting in the way of the fun, which is all thanks to @Scott generously maintaining things in the background.

So while rules around trading might seem like a pain, it's really not too much of an impost to keep things tidy and organised.

But as @Dales Cannon says, pretty much everyone is doing the right thing and we appreciate it.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I have been through the for sale part of the trading section and any thread that has seen no action in 2019 has been thrown under the bus. If you were the originator you will receive a note confirming this. Some of you will get multiple notes...

If the item is still for sale then as the note says start again. If you had any of these items on your watch list then they are gone and you will need to stalk someone else.

As it was a brain numbing task there is likely to have been collateral damage, sorry about that. Too late now.

Any complaints see @Tubbsy, he is bigger than me!

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I have been through the for sale part of the trading section and any thread that has seen no action in 2019 has been thrown under the bus. If you were the originator you will receive a note confirming this. Some of you will get multiple notes...

If the item is still for sale then as the note says start again. If you had any of these items on your watch list then they are gone and you will need to stalk someone else.

As it was a brain numbing task there is likely to have been collateral damage, sorry about that. Too late now.

Any complaints see @Tubbsy, he is bigger than me!
Haha! I was just thinking today that I need to do a garage sale and I should advertise my body armour that I never wear and suddenly there was the alert saying it was gone. I'm useless! Fair call that they get canned after a while seeing I didn't even remember posting my own ad... :rolleyes:

safreek

Cool to see, I thought you all loved me so much that you left the sold/found ads of mine just to remind you of me :D

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Would be good if people could have a quick squiz and let us know if you’re no longer looking. There’s still a lot of wanted posts.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
@Tubbsy and I have done another clean up of the for sale and wtb threads. If you get a notice that your ad has been moved and it wasn't meant to then let me know by posting a new ad up! WTB went back to the Ming dynasty. Early Ming.
Anything special in the porcelain collection?

emerthis

Likes Dirt
Is there any chance that the classifieds rules could be updated to allow links (for example, to personal FB pages), given the time-consuming nature of creating posts here?

stirk

Burner
Is there any chance that the classifieds rules could be updated to allow links (for example, to personal FB pages), given the time-consuming nature of creating posts here?
So we can get directed to a sale ad with vitally important info missing because no one follows a standard template?

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Ok that's a fair point. But that's where all my pics are.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I see you’re not using an iPhone, so it might differ slightly, but assuming you took the photos on your phone you can select a whole bunch of them at once and bulk email to yourself. On an iPhone it asks if you want to send full size, or a range of smaller file sizes.

This will do the trick for a whole load at once.

Someone familiar with android should be able to advise if this works?

moorey

call me Mia
I see you’re not using an iPhone, so it might differ slightly, but assuming you took the photos on your phone you can select a whole bunch of them at once and bulk email to yourself. On an iPhone it asks if you want to send full size, or a range of smaller file sizes.

This will do the trick for a whole load at once.

Someone familiar with android should be able to advise if this works?
Anyone who bought android struggles to walk and chew gum at the same time, to be fair.