Not new to MTB but new here and getting back into it!

TheDutchman92

Cannon Fodder
Hi Burners,

I bought my first serious MTB (Giant XTC 3) way back in 2006 and had several bikes up to about 2011. Looking at getting back into trail/xc and I've noticed that the world has moved on from 26" to 27.5" and now largely to 29". Something about the frame to wheel ratio of a 29er turns me off so I'm looking to buy an entry level 27.5 trail hard tail.

From my own digging I've so far found 2 candidates arounf the $1400 AUD mark. the 2021 Polygon Xtrada 7 and the 2021 Norco Fluid HT 2. I'm very fussy and my non-negotiables are as follows;

• Thru-axles both front and rear
  • Internal cable routing
  • 1 chainring upfront
  • No overly fat tyres (2.4 max)
  • 120mm travel or more
I'm sure I'm missing some options in my price point as I've not been following the industry for years. Appreciate your time and thanks for having me! I'm also open to people trying to convince me re 29ers...

Will

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
They're making some great 29 inch unicycles at the moment. With so much less componentry across the whole ride you really do get a great rig for $1400.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
They are both good bang for your buck. Check out Marin, Nukeproof and Canyon, who also give good value for money as direct to consumer brands.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
https://www.commencal-store.com.au/meta-ht-am-origin-sand-2021-c2x31935023

I pointed a bloke I work to one of these a couple of months back, he placed the order for May delivery.

Would hope this new July delivery date is another batch rather than the May delivery blown out.

Even convinced him to go for the 10spd Shimano Deore 11-46 build rather than the 12spd SRAM NX 10-50, then put the $100 saved towards a dropper.