Private Property North east Melbourne Private downhill/freeride park - Let's get things going again...

cameron_15

Eats Squid
Hey guys, myself and a whole bunch of local riders have been building trails in my backyard on and off for a few years now and have been particularly quite of late. For that, I apologize. Things have been pretty crazy since going to uni... and being granted the ability to drive to races every few weeks. Anyway, we've been busy over winter getting things going again and are now trying to get big crews out here like we had in the earlier days.

At present, there's a heap of unfinished work to tidy up. There's currently 4 downhill tracks and 2 freeride/jump tracks cleared and partially built. The origional track is complete, 2 new tracks are cleared from top to bottom and ridable as is, however are still in need of jumps and berms, the two freeride tracks are half complete and will require lots of man power to finish (big jumps means lots of dirt needs to be moved...) and lastly, the second DH track we started to build is pretty overgrown, I'd like to resurrect it at some point, as it's the steepest and most technical track on the property (which means the most trees fall on it and it erodes quickly...).

There's quite a few photo's and videos of the newer works floating around the internet, I'll ask those who have them to post links here so we can all keep track of what's going on.

In terms of getting things going again, I need a few things from you guys. firstly, I need some more riders! Not only to help design and build tracks, but also to ride them! Plants grow quickly out here and trails grow over quickly if they're left unridden for more than a couple of weeks! I'm also trying to find someone with a Bobcat, as I'd really like to fix the dirtjumps and build some big jumps for the start of the downhill tracks. So if you like riding and own a bobcat, I've got lots of beer (or money, but we may as well cut out the middle man) for you!

To kick things off, We'll be riding and building this sunday, I'll make an event on facebook and a post in the watering hole tomorrow about...

All are welcome, Lunch is provided and I can pick you up from the train station in Eltham if you don't have your license.

With your help, we can build some really awesome local trails that won't get dozed by the council!

Scratch6

Likes Dirt
Wow...I'd love to come along and see the works and hopefully ride it at some point? Would be great to have something close by not to mention have a workout from trail building to get my 30 y.o. fat ass slimmer and fitter for future rides. Oh and did I say I'd be more than happy to go for a ride regularly to help keep the greens at bay? Where so I sign up? Do I need a special VIP pass for the private track during the week or can I just rock up? :bounce:

Last edited:

Aussie_Ryder

Likes Dirt
I'm insanely keen and I'm local so helping out won't be an issue. I'm riding kinglake this sunday but any other weekend or after work I'm in.

PM me details and I'll bring a shovel/bike/can do attitude!

I'd love to see photos of the tracks as they are.

sedifus

Likes Dirt
Here's the main track:

[video=youtube;1_YyUP3Z23g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_YyUP3Z23g[/video]

And some pics of a newer track:

sedifus

Likes Dirt
And another video, this time of a stack on track #3 (only one video per post?)

[video=youtube_share;Ai3piWEMf1k]http://youtu.be/Ai3piWEMf1k[/video]

motas

Likes Bikes
Next time you have a day there working ill try and make it out. Are any of the tracks very easy? Complete beginner and not very confident jumping.
Also If you'd like pm me your Facebook because I'm more likely to see it there than here.
Thanks.

sedifus

Likes Dirt
They're all very easy if you don't want to hit the big jumps, that's no problems. Pm Cameron15 for the best details as its his property

kritter

Squid
Nice work guys, great to see some locals putting up their property to build trails and for people to ride on.

Respect! :thumb:

Topperharley

Likes Dirt
How are the plans coming along, keen to help out on a Thursday/Friday, then some weekend days Feb onward? I have a shovel, pick axe and Blundstones and am not afraid to use them...

cheif_m

Likes Dirt
holy c***, that is amazing.

have you got any building planned over the summer, specifically january as im on holidays and am battling to find anything worthwhile to do that gets me off my ass.

pm me some details and id be more than happy to come bring a bike shovel or whatever and help.

i live in caulfeild so its far away and im only 17 so no license :(

how far is it from eltham station? ridable?

chewbacca450

Likes Bikes
Still need help

Hey guys totally new to DH.I havent even picked up my bike yet.Should this week. Are you building/riding at the moment.Love to come and work/play.