AM Norco Sight A1 29er 2021

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Had a small windfall this week, which allowed me to finally get the new Sight I've been dreaming about for a while.

FRAME: Aluminum All-Mountain, 150mm Travel, 29"
FORK: RockShox Lyrik Ultimate RC2, 160mm, Charger 2, 42mm Offset (29")
REAR SHOCK: RockShox Super Deluxe Select+ RT, DebonAir 2, 185x52.5mm Trunnion
HEADSET: FSA #57 E Sealed Bearing
CHAIN TENSIONER: e*thirteen TRS Plus Aluminum, Bash (never had one of those before!)
SHIFTER: SRAM GX Eagle
DERAILLEUR: SRAM GX Eagle
CASSETTE: SRAM Eagle XG 1275, 10-52T
CRANKSET: SRAM GX Eagle, 32T, 170mm
BOTTOM BRACKET: SRAM DUB, BSA Threaded
GRIPS: DMR DeathGrip A20 Soft, Thick
HANDLEBAR: Deity Ridgeline, 800mm, 25mm Rise (may cut down to 780)
STEM: Alloy, 40mm Length, 35mm Clamp (may change to 50mm, cockpit feels just a touch short)
SEAT POST: One Up 34.9mm, 180mm
DROPPER LEVER: One Up 1x Lever (don't love it, will probably replace with Wolftooth)
SADDLE: Fizik Alpaca Terra, Wingflex
BRAKES: SRAM Code RSC, 4 piston, Metallic Pads
ROTORS: SRAM Centerline, 200mm F/180mm R
FRONT HUB: DT Swiss 350, 15x110mm Boost, 6 Bolt
REAR HUB: DT Swiss 350, 12x148mm Boost, XD, 6 Bolt, 36T Engagement
RIMS: e*thirteen LG1 EN, 32H
SPOKES/NIPPLES: DT Swiss Competition DB Stainless Black
FRONT TYRE: Maxxis Assegai 2.5" 3C Maxx Terra, EXO+, TR
REAR TYRE: Maxxis Dissector 2.4" WT 3C Maxx Terra, EXO+, TR
PEDALS: Shimano Saint PD-M828

Only had time to install pedals, set up the cockpit and begin bedding in the brakes today. Tomorrow morning will be setting up tubeless, getting suspension sorted with the RideAlign site, and tomorrow afternoon...WE RIDE!

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Turns out I don't need to make either of the changes I was thinking about in the OP. The dropper lever is fine once it's in the right position, and the cockpit is also fine once I pushed the seat back from its previous very far forward position.

This. Bike. Is. PERFECT.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What's your height, and what frame size didya get ? I'm in the overlap of Medium and Large according to Norco's sizing chart. 7mm more reach than my current bike's 443mm seems like I might struggle to notice, but 42mm seems a lot

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I'm 179-ish cm, and a Large fits perfectly.

I was worried about that too, but the steep seat angle brings you back closer to the bars.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
What was your previous bike ?
2017 Sight A1. Large. 435 mm reach. This model is 485, but honestly it feels no bigger in the cockpit, even though on paper I thought it was going to be like driving a bus.

I'm not a bike geometry expert, but my understanding is that the longer reach, combined with the steeper seat tube angle, puts your weight more in the middle, and makes it easier to get over the front in corners, which it really needs you to do to get the most out of cornering.

peanut

Likes Dirt
2017 Sight A1. Large. 435 mm reach. This model is 485, but honestly it feels no bigger in the cockpit, even though on paper I thought it was going to be like driving a bus.

I'm not a bike geometry expert, but my understanding is that the longer reach, combined with the steeper seat tube angle, puts your weight more in the middle, and makes it easier to get over the front in corners, which it really needs you to do to get the most out of cornering.
Interesting to see how you find they compare riding wise, I had a 2020 sight for a while.
it is a bike where you definitely need to keep your weight over the front, I learned very quickly what happens if you get complacent.