AM Norco Fluid FS A3

Jabubu

let you google that for me
My son got a new mountain bike for his birthday - got it on a great deal :)

Frame - Norco Fluid aluminium 130mm travel (L)
Shock - Rockshox Deluxe Select R
Fork - Rockshox Pike Ultimate (C2.1)
Handlebars - e*Thirteen 35mm alloy (770mm wide)
Stem - Norco 35mm alloy (40mm long)
Headset - FSA
Grips - WTB Waffle
Saddle - Norco
Seatpost - SDG Tellis Dropper (170mm)
Dropper lever - SDG
Front brake - Tektro Orion 4 pot (180mm Tektro rotor)
Rear brake - Tektro Orion 4 pot (180mm Tektro rotor)
Cranks - SRAM SX 175mm arms with 30T steel ring
Bottom Bracket - SRAM DUB 73mm
Chain - SRAM SX
Pedals - Nukeproof Horizon
Rear derailleur - SRAM SX
Rear shifter - SRAM SX
Cassette - SRAM PG1210 10-50T
Wheelset - Stans Flow D
Tyres - Vittoria Mazza 29x2.4 (F) Vittoria Martello 29x2.35 (R) - Tubeless

Weight - 15.8kg

Norco with Pike Ultimate small.jpg

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
My son got a new mountain bike for his birthday - got it on a great deal :)

Frame - Norco Fluid aluminium 130mm travel (L)
Shock - Rockshox Deluxe Select R
Fork - Rockshox Pike Ultimate (C2.1)
Handlebars - e*Thirteen 35mm alloy (770mm wide)
Stem - Norco 35mm alloy (40mm long)
Headset - FSA
Grips - WTB Waffle
Saddle - Norco
Seatpost - SDG Tellis Dropper (170mm)
Dropper lever - SDG
Front brake - Tektro Orion 4 pot (180mm Tektro rotor)
Rear brake - Tektro Orion 4 pot (180mm Tektro rotor)
Cranks - SRAM SX 175mm arms with 30T steel ring
Bottom Bracket - SRAM DUB 73mm
Chain - SRAM SX
Pedals - Nukeproof Horizon
Rear derailleur - SRAM SX
Rear shifter - SRAM SX
Cassette - SRAM PG1210 10-50T
Wheelset - Stans Flow D
Tyres - Vittoria Mazza 29x2.4 (F) Vittoria Martello 29x2.35 (R) - Tubeless

Weight - 15.8kg

View attachment 399819
An underrated bike. I love my Norco Fluid. Though I don't love the inte-fucking-grated headset.

How old is Hambo jnr? Riding a large bike already o_O

Jabubu

An underrated bike. I love my Norco Fluid. Though I don't love the inte-fucking-grated headset.

How old is Hambo jnr? Riding a large bike already o_O
Thank you :)

Liam just turned 13 and he's 173cm tall already although he only weighs 52kg! He might just get away with this bike until his late teens..

What's wrong with an integrated headset out of interest?

Jabubu

Kids don't complain about bad shifting until they stick derailleur into the spokes and will happily ride around with jumping gears until they lose an enduro race due to bad shifting, then its something you should have know about.

Nice bike, lucky boy.
Oh I don't know, he complained about a slight skipping in the gears on his hardtail. Turned out he needed a new chain! Let's hope the good communication continues.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Thank you :)

Liam just turned 13 and he's 173cm tall already although he only weighs 52kg! He might just get away with this bike until his late teens..

What's wrong with an integrated headset out of interest?
Bean pole!

With integrated headsets the frame headtube is machined so that bearings drop straight in. Unlike regular headsets that have cups that are pressed into the headtube and the bearings sit in the cups.
Headset bearings wear out. If they wear enough and start damaging the "cups", you can't just replace the cups with integrated as they are part of the frame.
Obviously in an ideal world one would just replace the bearings before any damage occurs, but realistically it's turning the frame into the disposable item rather than the headset cups.

Jabubu

Bean pole!

With integrated headsets the frame headtube is machined so that bearings drop straight in. Unlike regular headsets that have cups that are pressed into the headtube and the bearings sit in the cups.
Headset bearings wear out. If they wear enough and start damaging the "cups", you can't just replace the cups with integrated as they are part of the frame.
Obviously in an ideal world one would just replace the bearings before any damage occurs, but realistically it's turning the frame into the disposable item rather than the headset cups.

I didn't know that! Another great idea brought to you by the modern bike industry..

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Oh I don't know, he complained about a slight skipping in the gears on his hardtail. Turned out he needed a new chain! Let's hope the good communication continues.
He's a (male) teenager... when he's starts riding with mates, getting faster and doing sik-wipz. They crash, jump up all cool and ride on... gears are clicking or even right out by 1 gear, gives it a handful looking for granny and BOOM ! Bent hanger sends it around the wheel.

This will happen, I'll wait for a COTFW post ;)

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Bean pole!

Also limits angle/reach adjust headset options.

Lucaw

Next in line
He's a (male) teenager... when he's starts riding with mates, getting faster and doing sik-wipz. They crash, jump up all cool and ride on... gears are clicking or even right out by 1 gear, gives it a handful looking for granny and BOOM ! Bent hanger sends it around the wheel.

This will happen, I'll wait for a COTFW post ;)
Hey, I mostly resemble that comment