QLD No longer looking!

Oracle

Likes Dirt
Yes I know these are rare, but as per the title, I'm after a 5" Trail/Enduro frame or bike:

Item: Something like a Medium '08 Yeti 575, or Large SC Blur LT etc (I'm 172cm tall)
Price range/Willing to Pay: Preferably less than RRP; I suspect end of financial year sales are just around the corner ;)
Extra Info: Prefer new (for warranty reasons) or at least very good condition if 2nd hand.

If anyone knows of an LBS/Distibutor that may have these frames/bikes on sale please let me know!

Idea is to build up a lightweight trail/enduro weapon (I love going up as much as down) so will be looking for suitable parts once I have the frame/fork etc. :cool:

EDIT: Slapped down the cash so am no longer looking. Thanks to all who responded.

Last edited:

Ben yakuza

Likes Dirt
BSC (Greensborough) have got them in stock(frame), I know there in melbourne but im sure they be more than happy to post. I could be wrong but i think they have had one in stock since before the price rise to. Contact "Kore23" hes the manager and should have all the details.

Ben.

Giant reign 0? 1 ride old, broke my femur on my moty. For sale, pretty much new. RRP like $5699, sale $3600. Medium. Stock 2009.

Oracle

Likes Dirt
Giant reign 0? 1 ride old, broke my femur on my moty. For sale, pretty much new. RRP like $5699, sale $3600. Medium. Stock 2009.
Going to decline the Reign mate. Tested a Trance X last weekend and I wasn't impressed with climbing compared to the Blur LT2. Downhill was awesome, though I dare say the Reign will be even slower up hill.

Best of luck with the recovery though! :cool:

Last edited:

Oracle

Likes Dirt
Good question!

Currently ride 17" Giant XTC and find the effective top tube (ETT) a little short. It's great for twisty single track and dirt crits, but not for all day epics/enduros. As such I'm running a slightly lay-back seat post (and long stem) which means my centre of gravity is closer to rear axle on steep climbs making it hard to keep the front wheel down. So essentially I want the new steed to have longer ETT so I can run a straight seat post to bring my weight forward.

Tested a large Blur LT2 last weekend around The Gap and really loved the fit. No problems keeping the wheels down on climbs and didn't have too much drama flicking it around trees etc. I'm in central QLD and will be back in Brisbane late next week. Have a Yeti 575 lined up (not sure what size frame) so will test on the same trails as the LT2. But from the reviews I've read most state the LT2 frame compares to one size smaller of the 575 so I don't want to get caught out with a frame that may be too short.

Also had a Medium Trance X last weekend (on same trails) and just couldn't get power down on climbs/flats due to upright sitting position - I changed rebound/air pressures etc and even locked the suspension out before anyone asks. Guess I've just become used to stretched out riding position, so will measure the EFT of my current steed when I'm home next week.

I see you've a medium LT2 listed for sale. What is your height and inseam? feel free to pm if you don't wish to post here. :cool:

Last edited: