Night rides - Sydney area

Andy_Ryder

Likes Bikes
Damnit missed the last post, been hectic at work and haven't even check the forums really since... work, sleep, work, sleep, repeat

I am looking at a helmet light now, I've been told its a necessity to have both (most safe). You don't realise how much you turn your head continually whilst riding so to have a good bar light (already have) and one for helmet to see ahead around corners etc.

I'd also be keen on belrose pump/bmx track (is it lit up on some nights?). Anything to get me out and more fit, riding once a week is cool and all but if i can get a second ride in during the week that would be awesome.

Need a good way of communicating night rides outside the forum as unfortunately a lot of people who would frequent forums have moved onto facebook groups/whatsapp groups etc. All my rides are organised via facebook or whatsapp.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
rewarming this up ...
Wednesday afternoons/evenings ... either the loops around MD or shire and surrounds or LP/Kings or even the occassional Rousehill and surrounds

Happy to leave work earlier and do an afternoon start (say 4 or 5ish) or more realistically 6 or 7pm start for those that actually still work in an office

If you aren't on here often enough and want to email list or whatsapp it ... I can do that too.

starting 16th Sep ... so reaching out early.

greendream

Likes Bikes
I'm not one for night rides (i have enough issues with surviving day rides) but have the flexibility to get out for some arvo action. Rousehill & surrounds would be the pick for me.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
I'm not one for night rides (i have enough issues with surviving day rides) but have the flexibility to get out for some arvo action. Rousehill & surrounds would be the pick for me.
Couple of mates are around you so I’ll be in touch ... likely not this weekend but next we’ll be around you :)

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
West. Mills Creek & Loftus 20-30min drive from me.
That pretty much answers your question. Yellomundee and some of the other trails out that way could be good too.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Do people still come here to organise the riding of bikes ??

anybody up for a parra and surrounds midweek? can knock off at 4pm or earlier Wednesday or Thursday. Somewhere easy to get to before peakish traffic hits ... coming from Rydalmere so Lake P is convenient, M1 ... Wylde is nightmarish with traffic by then. Havent tried heading to rouse at this time, but open to try.

If you have a work from home day and can knock off earlish for a pedal ... hit me.

next hurdle ... am I on here often enough to get your message??

living in hope ... anticipate crickets.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid

anybody up for a parra and surrounds midweek? can knock off at 4pm or earlier Wednesday or Thursday. Somewhere easy to get to before peakish traffic hits ... coming from Rydalmere so Lake P is convenient, M1 ... Wylde is nightmarish with traffic by then. Havent tried heading to rouse at this time, but open to try.

If you have a work from home day and can knock off earlish for a pedal ... hit me.

Ever ridden Westleigh in the dark?

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Yep ... one of the old favs ... but I'm trying to kick off before it get dark ... for a little while anyway.
Are you in Sydney ?? always thought you were an Adelaide guy ??

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

Always keen. Desperately need the motivation to get rid of the Xmas baby.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk