Niggling 'injury' whinge

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
That sounds more like a witch doctor than a physiotherapist. Find a new one that isn't into nonsense.
At least go to one who does the hash treatment first o_O, followed by finishing each 'sesh' by working on the actual area of concern.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
That sounds more like a witch doctor than a physiotherapist. Find a new one that isn't into nonsense.
Chiropractor territory that one. Ah your T4 is 3 microns out of alignment, here is your next 18 months of visits booked. It won't get better anyway.

smiffy

Likes Bikes
I get a tight/hot feeling behind and around my knee and calf.
I had a similar issue with hot flushes on the lower calf or above the ankle, particularly sitting or driving. So I went to the Dr and she said that is weird. Had massage and dry needle done without much effect. I went to the Chrio and he gave the leg a good pull and popped the leg and reset into position. That seemed to have helped it.
Otherwise I recommend you go see Jinda Thai Massage in Lake street Cairns.
Read her review because she her knows stuff, completely un-knotted the whole body in 1hr and my all muscles turned to mush afterwards.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I had a similar issue with hot flushes on the lower calf or above the ankle, particularly sitting or driving. So I went to the Dr and she said that is weird. Had massage and dry needle done without much effect. I went to the Chrio and he gave the leg a good pull and popped the leg and reset into position. That seemed to have helped it.
Read her review because she her knows stuff, completely un-knotted the whole body in 1hr and my all muscles turned to mush afterwards.
All?

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sounds like a Baker's Cyst, a collection of fluid in the back of the knee. It's more of a symptom of some injury/damage within the knee than it is a condition itself.

Generally best bet is to see a competent physio and/or do a bit of knee rehab in order to get on top of it.
I had one of these (turned out it was related to all the cartilage disappearing).
Doctor's treatment advice was to hold a pack of soda crystals against the back of my knee when it flared up!

Jabubu

let you google that for me
That's an interesting idea, thanks Smiffy :)