Niggling 'injury' whinge

Jabubu

let you google that for me
I have a Dr appointment on Tuesday, I get a tight/hot feeling behind and around my knee and calf. Sometimes it's perfectly fine, like nothing's wrong. Other times it's like I have a severe cramp or lactic acid build up and can't straighten my leg without pain. Very frustrating as I can't ride as much as I'd like (nearly every day!)

An ultrasound has ruled out DVT.

If I do a hamstring stretch it helps a lot but then returns later. Hopefully I can find out what it is so I can work on fixing it.

Anyhoo, just thought I'd have a little whinge about it.

Staunch

Eats Squid
Sounds like a Baker's Cyst, a collection of fluid in the back of the knee. It's more of a symptom of some injury/damage within the knee than it is a condition itself.

Generally best bet is to see a competent physio and/or do a bit of knee rehab in order to get on top of it.

SlowManiac

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Was just going to ask about dvt. I've had a couple, plus clotting on the lungs.
Hope you get it sorted, injuries suck!

Jabubu

The Doctor said the ultrasound didn't pick up anything so I'm not sure about a Baker's Cyst but maybe they weren't looking for one. Hopefully I'll get more answers later in the week.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
i tore a tendon in my finger a few months back, its almost functional but i cant properly bend it or use it with any force without pain. also have to wear a splint all the time or it'll just keep on tearing again and wont heal. Its a wee little injury that i thought bugger all of when i did it, but haunts me every farking day by just making life difficult.

i wouldn't say niggling injuries are worse than big ones, but they're a PITA for sure and will wear you down...

Jabubu

i tore a tendon in my finger a few months back, its almost functional but i cant properly bend it or use it with any force without pain. also have to wear a splint all the time or it'll just keep on tearing again and wont heal. Its a wee little injury that i thought bugger all of when i did it, but haunts me every farking day by just making life difficult.

i wouldn't say niggling injuries are worse than big ones, but they're a PITA for sure and will wear you down...
That sounds like a PITA - I'm hoping it's just overuse and I that I only need to follow a more comprehensive stretching routine or something equally mundane. One can hope.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
@Plankosaurus - last year I fucked one of my fingers (I posted a pick of it on here at the time). I taped it straight for weeks and then one day decided fuck it, that's as straight as it is going to get. It continued to straighten itself up pretty good in the end. Sure I can see the issue when I look for it, but that isn't all the time. Stay strapped and stay patient.

I was drunk and got my finger tangled up in my sock. It was a quality moment.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
@Plankosaurus - last year I fucked one of my fingers (I posted a pick of it on here at the time). I taped it straight for weeks and then one day decided fuck it, that's as straight as it is going to get. It continued to straighten itself up pretty good in the end. Sure I can see the issue when I look for it, but that isn't all the time. Stay strapped and stay patient.

I was drunk and got my finger tangled up in my sock. It was a quality moment.
:eek: :p
jeezuz, at least i did mine crashing the bike (...on a pretty flat bit of trail with zero actual features)

socks are definitely treacherous now though. I dont know which fucker is turning all of mine inside out so i have to reach in and fix them with a splint on my finger, but when i find him he's a dead man :mad:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I broke my right pinky middle knuckle thing trying to take a catch playing indoor cricket. Got caught up in the netting. Finger was sitting out sideways. We pulled it back straight and taped it up so I could finish my last over. Anyway hurt like a bastard so I went to see the site nurse next day. He laughed a lot and said that looks fucked, see your gp. Went to the gp a couple days later and found out the bit of bone that forms the joint broke in half. Could surgery to glue it back together or just tape it to the finger next door for a few weeks. Surgery would end up with restricted movement but a normal looking finger. So I didn't. Matches the other fucked up fingers that only a slips fielder understands. Anyway doc lectured me on the evils of Loose women resetting your own dislocated joint and sent me away. Rested one game and then played the rest of the season taped up. Took about 15 years but it now bends all the way to the palm.

niggling injuries are PITA, but niggling mystery injuries are PITA to the power of 10

Go to a physio, knee hurts, oh your eyebrows are too tight, we must work on that for 4 weeks, oh that hasn't fixed it, must be your toes then, 4 weeks later still no improvement so lets put needles in you and burn little rocks of hash on the end of them, still not solved but now you are putting on weight from the munchies and are suffering from paranoia

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
niggling injuries are PITA, but niggling mystery injuries are PITA to the power of 10

Go to a physio, knee hurts, oh your eyebrows are too tight, we must work on that for 4 weeks, oh that hasn't fixed it, must be your toes then, 4 weeks later still no improvement so lets put needles in you and burn little rocks of hash on the end of them, still not solved but now you are putting on weight from the munchies and are suffering from paranoia
Stop going to @safreek for your physio sessions?

Freediver

I can go full Karen

That sounds more like a witch doctor than a physiotherapist. Find a new one that isn't into nonsense.