VIC Next challenge for an Arseclown?

Minlak

custom titis
Well, when you say it like that…let’s make it 30000.
I’m good with 30000 set it up then - you said you wanted a challenge yet I feel you have chosen something you won’t fail at - that’s not a challenge that’s just another ride.

moorey

call me Mia
I’m good with 30000 set it up then - you said you wanted a challenge yet I feel you have chosen something you won’t fail at - that’s not a challenge that’s just another ride.
Definitely a chance I’ll fail at 3000, but I’m flattered you think otherwise.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Was too damp on the trails for a bush ride this afternoon, so thought I’d spin the legs on a few loops of the bitumen climb up Mt Buninyong, and it got me thinking about a new goal.
It’s about 65m elevation from the carpark for each 3km loop, and even on the Alpine 160 with minions, I’m averaging around 17-18kph at a leisurely pace.
What if I set up an old bike with a bit less travel and more XC oriented tyres, and set an elevation goal for a day?
3000m sounds tough for me, but doable.
That’s around 45 laps and 135km. Looks like a challenge on paper on an MTB, but no where as daunting to me as the 100km looping around my tight bush loop for the 6h.
Just a thought bubble, but could see myself dragging the 02 patriot out of the rafters to bang a few parts on.
View attachment 380964

Before ANY of you ask, no I haven't hacked @moorey's account.

@moorey think of it as developing muscle endurance. The stronger you make your legs by going up, the longer they'll support you going down.

To that end, do half a climb standing every second lap or so

moorey

call me Mia

Before ANY of you ask, no I haven't hacked @moorey's account.

@moorey think of it as developing muscle endurance. The stronger you make your legs by going up, the longer they'll support you going down.

To that end, do half a climb standing every second lap or so
Can’t I just do that on training laps? You making it even harder for me than necessary? :oops:

moorey

call me Mia
A mate and I have been talking about doing an everest over a week, which is 1265m a day.

Just waiting for a good week of weather really to have a crack.
Nice.
Puts it more into perspective. My biggest (non race) week ever saw about 6000m of climbing. TransNZ had something like 7500 in the 5 days, and the second year, @wozza and I put in about another 1000m the following day, so maybe 8500m in a week on an enduro bike. Plenty of dudes on here would scoff at that and do it in their sleep.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Nice.
Puts it more into perspective. My biggest (non race) week ever saw about 6000m of climbing. TransNZ had something like 7500 in the 5 days, and the second year, @wozza and I put in about another 1000m the following day, so maybe 8500m in a week on an enduro bike. Plenty of dudes on here would scoff at that and do it in their sleep.
That's an immense effort!

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice.
That's pretty huge, I also love @CHEWY Everest in a week idea. Would be a solid week of riding.
Out of interest I looked back to see what my biggest week has ever been, only 5700m lol.

I've always been interested to just jump on the bike and pedal all day as long as I can, both for distance and elevation separately. Unfortunately the time is the biggest challenge. Got some holidays coming up, maybe I should just finally give it a go.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
I guess the differance doing it over the week, besides making it manageable, is doing it as your normal trail rides on your regular tracks / downhills.

Not just slogging it it up and down a bitumen road all day.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I guess the differance doing it over the week, besides making it manageable, is doing it as your normal trail rides on your regular tracks / downhills.

Not just slogging it it up and down a bitumen road all day.
Looking forward to see how you go mate, personally think you will get it done easy.
Still, around Silvan is going to be a solid 3yrs a day!

One of these each day o_O

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
That's pretty huge, I also love @CHEWY Everest in a week idea. Would be a solid week of riding.
Out of interest I looked back to see what my biggest week has ever been, only 5700m lol.

I've always been interested to just jump on the bike and pedal all day as long as I can, both for distance and elevation separately. Unfortunately the time is the biggest challenge. Got some holidays coming up, maybe I should just finally give it a go.
You'd better wait to lockdown's over, because if you just hop on a bike and keep going until you're tired you'll probably end up in Perth. :p