VIC Next challenge for an Arseclown?

moorey

call me Mia
Was too damp on the trails for a bush ride this afternoon, so thought I’d spin the legs on a few loops of the bitumen climb up Mt Buninyong, and it got me thinking about a new goal.
It’s about 65m elevation from the carpark for each 3km loop, and even on the Alpine 160 with minions, I’m averaging around 17-18kph at a leisurely pace.
What if I set up an old bike with a bit less travel and more XC oriented tyres, and set an elevation goal for a day?
3000m sounds tough for me, but doable.
That’s around 45 laps and 135km. Looks like a challenge on paper on an MTB, but no where as daunting to me as the 100km looping around my tight bush loop for the 6h.
Just a thought bubble, but could see myself dragging the 02 patriot out of the rafters to bang a few parts on.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
I initially thought you should attempt a Bogoning, but that’s only 1986m, and Koskioskoing is only 2228m. You are planning to head to NZ again so maybe Aroakiing at 3,728m?

binner

Hath shat hymself
Was too damp on the trails for a bush ride this afternoon, so thought I’d spin the legs on a few loops of the bitumen climb up Mt Buninyong, and it got me thinking about a new goal.
It’s about 65m elevation from the carpark for each 3km loop, and even on the Alpine 160 with minions, I’m averaging around 17-18kph at a leisurely pace.
What if I set up an old bike with a bit less travel and more XC oriented tyres, and set an elevation goal for a day?
3000m sounds tough for me, but doable.
That’s around 45 laps and 135km. Looks like a challenge on paper on an MTB, but no where as daunting to me as the 100km looping around my tight bush loop for the 6h.
Just a thought bubble, but could see myself dragging the 02 patriot out of the rafters to bang a few parts on.
View attachment 380964
fuck ...that's ugly

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I think the DH bike uphill challenge is brewing away quite nicely and almost ready. No need for XC tyres.

Maybe use an eBike with a flat battery if you really want to flex those boundaries.