Newly Released Suspension & Components General

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I am wondering if Privateer are having some troubles this year. First they were giving away a set of carbon wheels with complete bikes, then they had a percentage off sale and now it is a flat 700 pounds off the full builds of the 141 and 161. Both have A4 Dominions with 2 x 203 rotors. The same stock that chain reaction has from an OEM.
Good sleuthing, wonder how companies are doing. Cane Creek seem to be having regular sales in the US and Dirt Works having specials on select e13 products.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Good sleuthing, wonder how companies are doing. Cane Creek seem to be having regular sales in the US and Dirt Works having specials on select e13 products.
There was a good article on this in the latest Enduro magazine. Essentially it boils down to exactly what we all could have guessed though. Demand has dried up and (some) companies overcommitted to stock orders during the high demand period and are stuck with stock they need to turn into cash.

shiny

:D Already checked those out. But at over $400 for pedals and a stem (that they only do in 35mm clamp) I'll pass.

Good to know you're thinking of me though. Thanks! :p
It is a caring loving community, always trying to help others spend their money.

shiny

Haven’t seen a set of 5Dev cranks come up on marketplace since they’ve hit the market. SRAM release a new drivetrain and just like magic at least three sets of 5Dev pop up. MTBers really love new gear :D
Forbidden released a revised Dreadnought with UDH and comments asking for the rear triangle to be sold so they can UDH older bikes. Forbidden have said no but far out cost of rear triangle and new SRAM drivetrain - how many dentists mountain bike!! :p

cammas

Seamstress
That NSMB article about Transmission shared a page or so ago said even Sram was taken back when they launched the original XX1. They expected it to sell in tiny numbers and it ended up being hugely successful. Turns out this past time is full of idiots who spend too much money on marginal gains. Who knew.
Hey don’t spread that around, how else will I be able to get cheap parts from people who must have the latest & greatest, as they upgrade their parts immediately, then sell off the new bits they just took off cheap to people like me.

shiny

Acronyms aside, at least they fattened up the lever a bit.

The 'feeling control' looks like an adjustable lever ratio or similar IIRC?
I wonder how it compares to Hope’s adjustments which I find are great in getting the lever just right.

There take on maguras hc3 lever. I wonder weather they will sell these on new cura 4s or only as an upgrade. I’ll no doubt try these
Upgrade kit available according the article £85.80

yuley95

I love that Kavenz keep developing their bike and giving people what they want but it shits me that, as a small brand, they are forced to invest time and resources into accomodating a UDH so SRAM can attempt to corner the market.

Turns out its not an easy change for a high pivot bike due the chain growth so it demands quite a few changes including a lower chain guide.

shiny

There take on maguras hc3 lever. I wonder weather they will sell these on new cura 4s or only as an upgrade. I’ll no doubt try these
$129 per lever. So $258. Youch.

Scotty675

Cable thief
$129 per lever. So $258. Youch.

That’s up there. Sadly that’s about what I’d expect locally. Still on par with a magura hc3 lever bought locally.Check out the price of a replacement genuine cura x lever.

shiny

That’s up there. Sadly that’s about what I’d expect locally. Still on par with a magura hc3 lever bought locally.Check out the price of a replacement genuine cura x lever.
Cura X lever on r2 bike for £71.01 not too bad and $168 on Bike Inn. Makes Hope levers a bargain.

yuley95

New air shock from EXT finally released. Looks sexy and has adjustability up the yin-yang. In fact, haven experienced setting up the forks with their dual air chamber, reckon the shock would be awesome but will give many people headaches as they try the get the right settings..

Bottom out control on top of all that too: