Newly Released Suspension & Components General

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
I got one. Did another shim shuffle today and found my sweet spot. Has turned the Mezzer into a high performing fork. Tracks so much better with a much higher level of composure over chunk. Surprised me how much difference it has made.
Exactly how I feel about my NSR fork. Hard to fault now.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
I.might have to get in touch with Dougal.
I've got RRT tune in there now, it's pretty good but can always be better
Have you stripped the damper yet? Nobody knows if Dave modifies the damper, would be nice to know if it’s just friction reduction techniques or if it includes a modified piston.

High speed rebound choking has always been the Mezzers Achilles heel and the new piston from Dougal and NSR solves it.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have you stripped the damper yet? Nobody knows if Dave modifies the damper, would be nice to know if it’s just friction reduction techniques or if it includes a modified piston.

High speed rebound choking has always been the Mezzers Achilles heel and the new piston from Dougal and NSR solves it.
No, I've only just got the fork. It used to belong to Wake Jake I think.
I like tinkering, I'll get in touch with Dougal. I'll take pictures of the damper when I strip it.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Apparent pricing is substantial when you factor in shipping each way.
790€ for whole RRT treatment (with guards)
650€ without guards
Still no word on DIY kits at this stage.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Well, that is different.

1674301194762.png

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Well, that is different.

View attachment 396391
And expensive but an Aussie product:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
And expensive but an Aussie product:

"Near-zero rolling resistance" - Yeah, except for all the drag from the back wheel now drawing the chain through the derailleur constantly, and round the cassette and chainring.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
On the downs I have had a number of occasions when sticks have got lodged in my drive train but because I'm not pedaling it's caused no damage.

I shudder to think what would have happened if the drive train was fixed and turning like that. Even a dropped chain on the front would result in some interesting times (which is probably why a top chain guide is mandatory with that setup).

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
"Near-zero rolling resistance" - Yeah, except for all the drag from the back wheel now drawing the chain through the derailleur constantly, and round the cassette and chainring.
is the same concept as the O chain? Whereas the O Chain moves a certain % to reduce chain forces this just keeps the chain rolling?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Not for me and not at that price.

On the downs I have had a number of occasions when sticks have got lodged in my drive train but because I'm not pedaling it's caused no damage.

I shudder to think what would have happened if the drive train was fixed and turning like that. Even a dropped chain on the front would result in some interesting times (which is probably why a top chain guide is mandatory with that setup).
You usually got to grab the back brake as quick as you can because it's the turning wheel that comes into contact with either the stick, derailleur or chain, I find

Last edited: