Newly Released Suspension & Components General

PJO

in me vL comy
Dunno but expect to see shorter drop and lighter posts over the next few years after Matej Mohorics descent in the San Remo. They banned the supertuck, he swapped out his aero custom painted Merida with an aero shaped seatpost for the new Scultura with a round post, just so he could run a 60mm Fox Transfer.

Took the stage win on the descent of the Poggio.

View attachment 390735
Another thing for the UCI to ban after it catches on...:rolleyes:

PJO

in me vL comy
UCI cleared dropper posts for road use in about 2014, so they have been allowed for a long time, just never used before.

View attachment 390740
Yeah there is no specific mention of "dropper" or movable seatpost in the rules, the seatpost just has to comply with positional requirements and must also not drop to a point where the seat is below the handlebars. There is still time for them to change their minds...
Gotta love this rule:

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Yeah there is no specific mention of "dropper" or movable seatpost in the rules, the seatpost just has to comply with positional requirements and must also not drop to a point where the seat is below the handlebars. There is still time for them to change their minds...
Gotta love this rule:
View attachment 390743
That was to stop sneaky aero gains, using hitech materials to the knee. Was worth at least a few watts, from memory. Which in a time trial with places split by hundredths or thousandths of a second, is huge.

For us? Not so much.

Reactions: PJO

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
When I look at the Wolf Tooth then the only thing I can think of is how close the ZTTO one is to it.
I really like the WolfTooth ones, but the ZTTO ones are so, so close in function (It's really just the texture of the WolfTooth level paddle I prefer) it'd be hard not to go with a Ztto in future (if I didn't already have about 3 spare WolfTooths... :oops:).

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
(if I didn't already have about 3 spare WolfTooths... :oops:).
Wolfteeth ?

There is basically nothing in it between the ZTTO and the WT. Textured thumby and a better quality bolt.
PNW are also nice but the soft pad eventually falls off and needs superglued on. No problems with my V2 OneUp either.

Anyone who doesn't need to see a bling brand name, go ZTTO and drop in a SS bolt.

... if anyone works out how to get rid of the ZTTO branding, post err up.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
3 spare wolftooth remotes, and you were giving me a hard time about AXS money :D
Purchased pre-COVID too, what a savvy market speculator I am!

That or I had one I bought spare (used), then converted two bikes to WolfTooth BarCentric dropper remotes when I started running remote shock lockout controls. :p

Don’t forget to mention how many bikes he has owned either ;)
If I had @Litenbror AXS-style money I'd have kept a few more of them! ;)