Newly Released Suspension & Components General

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
At least some of them are somewhat compatible, one can use Time cleats on CB pedals and vise versa, although its not really a good idea (to buy anything Crank Battlers...).

Why they'd want to use Shimano style (even if it's not Shimano compatible) is beyond me though, no doubt it'll clear mud as well as the Shimano stuff does.
At least the Chi's produce fake CB cleats for $5 a set on AliExpress.
TIME cleats are bloody expensive for a little nugget of brass that wears out.
We must have 15 sets of Time pedals in this house and all 3 of us have XC and enduro shoes, keeping the 3 of us in Time cleats is a notable cost each year.
Chi copies would be awesome... can't go wrong with a cast lump of brass.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
We must have 15 sets of Time pedals in this house and all 3 of us have XC and enduro shoes, keeping the 3 of us in Time cleats is a notable cost each year.
I want to see you get so fed up you set up Ozzy's Forge and start casting your own...

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
At least the Chi's produce fake CB cleats for $5 a set on AliExpress.
TIME cleats are bloody expensive for a little nugget of brass that wears out.
Chi copies would be awesome... can't go wrong with a cast lump of brass.
Don’t the cleats last long? Just looked up purchase date on my HTs and bought in 2017 and still on original cleats.

ozzybmx

Don’t the cleats last long? Just looked up purchase date on my HTs and bought in 2017 and still on original cleats.
About year or so per pair of shoes, so we will go through about 5-6 sets a year between the 3 of us.

#2 son will wear them right down to where I tell him they need replaced but #1 announces he's unclipping on the up pedal stroke and needs new cleats immediately :rolleyes:

ozzybmx

But they're the gumby 'easy' cleats.
The gumby cleats are the originals, for gumbies that can't set their cleat position up correctly.

The originals are 13°/17° float, the easy's are 10°.
I don't know how far you want to float your heel in before it's rubbing the paint or decals off your crank arm but a couple of degrees inward and 8° out actually works better than plonking a 17° cleat dead centre and having 8.5° in each direction.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
The gumby cleats are the originals, for gumbies that can't set their cleat position up correctly.

I don't know how far you want to float your heel in before it's rubbing the paint or decals off your crank arm but a couple of degrees inward and 8° out actually works better than plonking a 17° cleat dead centre and having 8.5° in each direction.
I run time on roadie and mtb. My knees have never been happier but they (left leg) can be sensitive to setup. I dont rub cranks flats or time cleats. I do love the 13s and can do 10s yet don't get along with spd. (I was fine with SPD until I dislocated my knee in a DH crash and then ignored pysio advice on return to bike time......). In my situation I really feel the side float is the winner with time not so much the angle of disengagement.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

I will happily swap you some easy cleats for the normal ones.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

I will happily swap you some easy cleats for the normal ones.
I don't think I have any 'normal' sets.

May have a set that came with Speciale 8's.

The 2 and 4 level XC/MX ship with 'easy' cleats as they are easier to unclip I believe.
Those are the ones I buy as people break them in my house, crushed cages or cages ripped out is the usual, reckon I have 5-6 pedals here for spares.

The 8, 12s and Speciale's come with the regular cleats.
They work OK for me on 13° but I prefer the 10°.

All my spare cleats are Easy 10's.