Newly Released Suspension & Components General

Flow-Rider

Burner
How is it on repeated hits? I ran a McLeod out of curiousity and it was absolutely sensational at single hits but on repeated hits I couldn't get it to where I was happy. The rebound was super fast and the adjustment quite coarse, so finding the sweet spot was difficult.
High speed spiking from the compression valve, probably need thinner oil in dampener.

gillyske

Likes Dirt
I've run a mara hi for a few months now and have been nothing but impressed with it, it's at the top of my list for an upcoming build.
I'd hardly call it dead in the water, I'd prefer it to most other air shocks on the market now. It's great value for money if purchasing from star bike I reckon.
I have no doubt its an excellent shock in the hands of someone willing to put the effort into setting it up. Just like the mezzer.

Reviewers will just get the shock in the mail, put it on the bike and head on up to the top of their 3000ft elevation trails in a ute. All the mara reviews have complained about the lack of a conventional negative chamber.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I like a 200 on the front but will be going back to 180 from 200 on the rear. It’s more brake than I need.
Not sure an average sized person anywhere in Australia really needs a 220.
Interesting article on the matter here. I always thought it's better to have a bigger rotor on the front because more of your weight is transferred there on descents.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Interesting article on the matter here. I always thought it's better to have a bigger rotor on the front because more of your weight is transferred there on descents.

That statement make sense to me but I guess it’s a pretty in exact science based on different riders riding style, terrain and weight balance.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I've read that article a few times now, sort of makes sense from a heat management perspective - but yanking the front brake lever as hard as fuck to get a decent stop out of a 180mm rotor (at my weight), mixed with feather-touch lock-ups at the rear is not my idea of a fun time...

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
SR Suntour are about to release an updated EQ version of the 35mm stanchion Auron fork. It's $90 cheaper than the Durolux but 100g heavier.