Newly Released Suspension & Components General

moorey

call me Mia
Sounds like a Bible & Oedipus Rex mashup. Look forward to the movie.

This also makes me weep for my unborn children. These days teaching seems to be the backup option for arts failed alternate degree students who realised they need an income and have no interest or knowledge in education.
I don’t think that’s the case here....more my daughter’s naivety with religious dogma.
There’s those people in every industry, but as someone working on the peripherals of education, I don’t see it a lot. More of an issue with burned out old teachers running out the clock, not the fresher young crop. YMMV.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Quinn hasn't been bought up religious, but has started at a catholic secondary school this year. She was just telling me this morning that she learned yesterday that God and Jesus are different people. I briefly explained that christians/catholics believe Jesus is Gods son, and the immaculate conception etc. She reprimanded me that NO, Joseph is Jesus father, but Joseph's son was actually the one that got Mary pregnant, but they had to cover it up and pretend it was Joseph because of the scandal it would have caused. I went to correct her but she insisted her super religious teacher knows more than me.
Way too much to unpack there, and I prefer her version anyway.....but I look forward to her Semester 1 RE report.
School her up on this for the final exams.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Someone mentioned similar in the comments, seems like this idea has been done before and there were some downsides.
Trying to clip in a roadie shoe with your hands is near impossible, even with the leverage of a full size 10 carbon shoe, its friggin hard to unclip it. Cant imagine twisting a square shaped pedal with a TIME or LOOK cleat attached.

Might work OK standing on it.

I like the idea though.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Interesting question on whether the current shortage of components and consumables is making you ride more cautiously.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
How would a larger BB work to mitigate that? Surely the stays would need to be that wide regardless of BB width?
Soz, probably didn't explain it properly...

Basically the theory is if you widen the BB your pedal platform (I think it's called Q factor) is widened too, so you're not going to be catching your heels on wider chainstays...

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Soz, probably didn't explain it properly...

Basically the theory is if you widen the BB your pedal platform (I think it's called Q factor) is widened too, so you're not going to be catching your heels on wider chainstays...
Ah got it, when does a wider Q-factor become unaturally wide though? I think as a 195cm rider, my Q-Factor could be comfortably 'super boosted' a bit more but what about shorter riders? Will we see frame size based axle sizes? XS/S get 148 M/L/XL get 157..