Newly Released Suspension & Components General

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Jokes aside, 180mm rear rotor on a 27.5" rear feels about the same as a 200mm rotor on a 29er in my experience.

PJO

in me vL comy
I’ve currently got one wagon wheel. Does that count?
I have a 200 no my wagon wheel and a 180 on my non-wagon wheel. PARS = proportionally appropriate rotor sizing

To be PARS, the rear would need to be 190. So I think this is the next size that the marketing gurus need to get out.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Another case of not having enough mass to notice.
FIFY.

Also, I find running Hopes the power difference between rotors is more noticeable than with a lot of other brakes where the initial bite is more pronounced (Instant-power 2-pot M8000's spring to mind).

I'm the kind of guy that owns and uses 2mm headset spacers though, so YMMV. :p

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
How fast and how steep are you guys riding? I haven't ran bigger than 160 on the rear for many many many years. I figured a smaller rotor was a smaller target for chunder when I was ploughing rocks and that it was less likely to move warp and annoy me as it gently grazed the pads. I only run a 200 on the front because some of my forks only take a 200 and I like to be able to swap wheels over if necessary. I haven't noticed any problems with my brake performance. It might be that I am only in it for the climbs and thus never descend.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Jokes aside, 180mm rear rotor on a 27.5" rear feels about the same as a 200mm rotor on a 29er in my experience.
I ran 180mm rotors on everything for years and saw no reason to go bigger. Then tried a 203mm on the front of a some 2 pot Shimano 9020s to try and up the stopping power a bit and was amazed at the difference. Sea of 203mm on almost everything now.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Sigh, disc rotors are shaping up to be the new front in the pissing contest of MTB perceived 'upgrades'.

Now if they can just make them in several thicknesses and introduce a 5 and 8 bolt patterns to ensure incompatibility then we will be on a winner just like hub standards and brake/shifter pod mounting thingys.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
The only thing I hate about my 203mm XT rotor is that a strong wind seems to bend it out of shape.
Minor rotor ting-tings sort of fix themselves with some spirited braking.