Newly Released Suspension & Components General

Flow-Rider

Burner
Yeah absolutely. Sounds like supply lines have been hit hard everywhere and the increased costs in transport / shipping, then the blatant dig SC had at Trump's "easily winnable" trade war in their statement - I'd imagine these issues would be faced by everyone and we'll all be paying more for pretty much everything we import as a result.
Bikes in the US get sold before they even hit the floor, even pre-orders don't get filled most of the time.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This was the RRP just before the V4 was released.

They were rumoured to drop down to around $4500 to clear them out before the V4 hit the shores but they didn't seem to go that way in reality.
Then covid hit and here were are again. It was still cheaper to import directly from a US run out sale for me.
Price hasn’t budged since I’ve been keeping an eye on it unfortunately/ strangely. And no v3 stock os that I’ve been able to find recently. You must have timed it to perfection

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Yeah absolutely. Sounds like supply lines have been hit hard everywhere and the increased costs in transport / shipping, then the blatant dig SC had at Trump's "easily winnable" trade war in their statement - I'd imagine these issues would be faced by everyone and we'll all be paying more for pretty much everything we import as a result.
Plus SC aren't full of welders and fabricators in a ex Cannery building anymore. A large corporate owner likes to make $$$ and the aura of their brand sure helps to bring that home.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Price hasn’t budged since I’ve been keeping an eye on it unfortunately/ strangely. And no v3 stock os that I’ve been able to find recently. You must have timed it to perfection
I was just lucky. I only pulled the trigger, with a load of hesitation, because I thought the run out price would be the only chance I'd get for shiny new. Covid wasn't a concern at that point.

The last new bike I bought was in 1992 and that was complete and not just a frame. I justified my personal guilt which is half the battle.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
True. For just riding around then whatever you have now, which was fine before, and will continue to be fine in future.
Run what ya' brung.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It’s a great time to have another look at your current bike and go, that’s still pretty sweet
Been waiting on a SC frame for awhile now. If it doesn't turn up by next promised date (next week) I will cancel order and just see if I can refine my current bike. Which, BTW, I am happy with. I will try to get some rims (insert laughter here) to build a lighter set of wheels to try and keep up with my 54 kilo wife on here 10 kilo XC bike.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
My wife works in mining (International Shipping) and you'd die if you saw the cost increases for shipping. My wife doesn't quote the ore price with shipping anymore as it changes daily.
I heard that shipping on water is more expensive today than flying freight used to be pre-COVID!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Been waiting on a SC frame for awhile now. If it doesn't turn up by next promised date (next week) I will cancel order and just see if I can refine my current bike. Which, BTW, I am happy with. I will try to get some rims (insert laughter here) to build a lighter set of wheels to try and keep up with my 54 kilo wife on here 10 kilo XC bike.
I have not had a "new" bike in 8 years, always opportunistically second hand, ex mechanics bikes, ex sponsored riders bikes when they move to a new sponsored or a cracking deal on bakebook marketplace.

First new frame in 8 years, Dec delivery, Jan delivery, Feb delivery, will be there next week (15th feb), now nearly 15th March... manufacturer currently trying to find where the frame is in the world.

I have remained polite and in good terms but its wearing out fast. It looks like the tight arse Scotsman came out in the manufacturer and he shipped my frame to the Aussie distributor with a shitload of other frames to save some cash... the shipment is stuck in buttfuck nowhere instead of a DHL express as originally agreed.

Got the full 100% build kit here for the bike, shock, forks... the lot. Cant really throw the toys out of the cot and have a tanty, just have to suck it up and wait. Don't want to have an argument with the manufacturer either before I even get it :(

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
How much was your Scottish reign again?
I suspect other things are in play but I know as Irish and a bit Scottish that they shaped the 50p piece hexagonal so you could get it out of a Scotsmans hand with a spanner.

They are careful with their cash... they had my frame in hand on the 11th Feb in Scotland, they expected me to have it the next week. Today is the 11th March.

I was told it was 3 day DHL express.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Nice, still fear price will be horrendous. Interesting to see if it can mixed with current AXS. Eg X01 AXS shifter and GX AXS mech. Wonder if longer drop Reverb AXS on the way too.
Pricing in Aus is horrific. I know of people buying it overseas for $700 cheaper. I dislike greedy distros.

They do need a 200mm AXS Reverb in the line up.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Pricing in Aus is horrific. I know of people buying it overseas for $700 cheaper. I dislike greedy distros.

They do need a 200mm AXS Reverb in the line up.
Wow, quick search shows XX1 mech at Jenson is $900AU and Pushys is $1249 by the time you factor in shipping and freight forwarding price it is pretty much a wash, might be different for a complete group.