Newly Released Suspension & Components General

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
No but @ozzybmx does!!!!!
I was working on the $1 per gram policy, those are -240g for $600.

Very nice though, I have a few sets of Hope brakes still in my possession, might weigh my X2 Pro's and see where they come in. Need a full rebuild though.

Hold on for a while and they will come in ano'd colours.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas

Very nice though, I have a few sets of Hope brakes still in my possession, might weigh my X2 Pro's and see where they come in. Need a full rebuild though.

Isn't DOT fluid the devil's oil?

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt

The callipers look close to the x2, maybe the weight saving is all in the levers? Just a thought

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
The callipers look close to the x2, maybe the weight saving is all in the levers? Just a thought
Just different laser etching on the caliper methinks. From the article:
The XCR uses a "special edition version" of their one-piece, CNC machined X2 caliper, while the lever is brand new.

ozzybmx

Are there any advantages over a mineral oil based brake?
Here you go mate, I don't mind doing a GooGle for you.

There is a squillion debates on it and lots of pros/cons of each, personally I dont care which one, just give me good reliable brakes that are easy to service, they can run on cat piss for all I care.

BTW I do collect it all in a container (mixed mineral and DOT) and dispose of it at work in the chemical dump every once in a while.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Here you go mate, I don't mind doing a GooGle for you.

There is a squillion debates on it and lots of pros/cons of each, personally I dont care which one, just give me good reliable brakes that are easy to service, they can run on cat piss for all I care.

BTW I do collect it all in a container (mixed mineral and DOT) and dispose of it at work in the chemical dump every once in a while.

You're very kind :)

ozzybmx

Just to see, my old Hope X2 Pros from 2008 are not far off.

The power would be way down on these from the new ones and these need a massive overhaul, pads are saturated with DOT5.1, pistons need overhauled, maybe new seals and they need new longer hoses as the last came off my singlespeed.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Why? I had carbon levers back in the day on my Magura Marta. Never had an issue
I'm carbon ambivalent at best and actively avoid it in places like cranks and handlebars where my lack of riding skill can lead to heavy impact. Brake levers are in the same category for me. It's probably more a reflection on my than carbon and its application...

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I'm carbon ambivalent at best and actively avoid it in places like cranks and handlebars where my lack of riding skill can lead to heavy impact. Brake levers are in the same category for me. It's probably more a reflection on my than carbon and its application...
Fair enough, but I thought you had a set if Magura MT5? The bodies of those are carbon somethings.

@ozzybmx your Spur needs downcountry brakes, buy now! :p