Newly Released Suspension & Components General

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
12 speed Deore mechs with XTR jockey wheels is the secret, all the performance for $100. 11 speed or 12 speed it doesn't matter.
Having had GX 11 speed it was a joke, truly shit. Having said that the XT/XTR 11 speed didn't thrill me either. X0/XX1 is the best 11 speed drive train I've ridden but is total shit compared to xtr 12 speed.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
XX1 11 speed is better then my 10 and 11 Speed XTR, especially once worn

No 12 speed here, l like drivetrains that last more then 1500km

I haven’t ridden in 5 months now. Kinda feel like a fake war veteran commenting.........

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
X0/XX1 is the best 11 speed drive train I've ridden but is total shit compared to xtr 12 speed.
I have XX1-11 on my Trek race bike, its awesome.

X0-10 WOW even 3000km and thinking about new cables, its still as smooth as butter. I have still 3 x X0 10spd derailleur/shifter combos, currently on skids race bikes, it will be coming back to me.

It was only with SRAM 12spd that my hate started, tolerances are too narrow and range is too great for shit shims and sloppy mechanisms.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have a mix matched xt 12 speed derailleur/shifter with gx eagle cassette, chain, cranks.. It’s still 50% shit. The gx cassette is balls.. The cranks are horrible to service, the stupid dub self extracting cap fell off somewhere and now i can’t get the cranks off to trouble shoot a creak in the garbage dub BB.. That’s after bending a diy breaker bar trying get the main bolt out..
Chain life is impressive though..

moorey

call me Mia
That’s because realistically a 140 will pull your vertically challenged frame up just fine. ;)
I’m short, but ‘big boned’.
That said, when I jump on the one bike with 160/180, I honestly don’t feel that much difference coming from 180/203......though it’s not doing long descents with me dragging the brakes.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I’m short, but ‘big boned’.
That said, when I jump on the one bike with 160/180, I honestly don’t feel that much difference coming from 180/203......though it’s not doing long descents with me dragging the brakes.
I like a 200 on the front but will be going back to 180 from 200 on the rear. It’s more brake than I need.
Not sure an average sized person anywhere in Australia really needs a 220.