Newly Released Suspension & Components General

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Opposite experience. GX 11sp at least seems flimsy and flexy compared to XT11sp (which is cheaper). I do much prefer the XD cassettes. Even the basic GX is light enough, durable, and shifts beautifully.
Lower end eagle seems utter shite. If I did go 12sp...which I’m not planning to, the shimano derailleur seems a ton better option.
There you go; completely opposite experience here. 11 speed Shimano has been temperamental and prone to premature wear unless you buy the top shelf XTR stuff. My 11-46 XT cassette sheared so many teeth so quickly I started questioning whether I was just inept with my shifting (although I will admit it is very nice / smooth to use - but not good enough imo that it's so flakey given its porky near 600gm weight). I've also had derailleurs fail with minimal provocation, shifters shit the bed and various other gremlins.
In contrast the 11 speed GX I've had for yeeeeeaaaars just. keeps. working with total consistency. And I've treated it terribly. Big fan of Eagle too.

moorey

call me Mia
So people have been asking for more durable but updated 10sp stuff for years, but now it's here it's a problem? Fkn lol.

Reliability comes with a weight cost.
*Claimed improved durability.

You know the fat fucks out there need to shave some grams somewhere. Heaven forbid eating one less pie.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
In contrast the 11 speed GX I've had for yeeeeeaaaars just. keeps. working with total consistency. And I've treated it terribly. Big fan of Eagle too.
Eagle is great in X01 and XX1 but the price is stupid compared to XTR & XT.
The 11spd SRAM is so much better than their 12spd in the lower level groupsets.
My Scout has NX 11 and I can't say anything bad about it. Shifts well, smooth and preforms like it should since day 1. Glad they mixed in Shimano brakes with the NX though.

I pulled 12spd GX and NX off the boys bikes in disgust. They are the worst gear sets(s) I have ever experienced, I can't even fathom how they can slot in SX 12spd below them.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Eagle is great in X01 and XX1 but the price is stupid compared to XTR & XT.
Back when I was comparing prices of groupsets XTR and X01 / XX1 came in roughly the same. That was six months ago though, so could be out of date. But a quick check of prices now the XTR cassette is only $50 or so cheaper. Would still go Sram as their cassettes are cleverer and they didn't f*** over Hope and Chris King by refusing to licence Microspline to them for months for some stupid reason.
Shhhh it's like Fight Club but on a forum.

ozzybmx

SRAM XX1 and X01 are kind of the same level and equivalent with XTR.

Though initially, when XX1 appeared, X01 was though of as XT level... it got promotion when its prices stayed the same.

- XTR rear derailleur ($295 Pushys now) is $100 cheaper than X01 and $200 than XX1

- XTR Cassette (out of stock in both Pushys and MTBD) is the same price as a X01 at ~$580, the XX1 is $739.

- XTR shifter is $180, X01 $240 and XX1 $290 (Pushys)

No point even adding XT into this mix of high priced components when you can buy a 12spd XT Cassette, derailleur and shifter for nearly the same price as the single X01 cassette alone.

To compare XT12 to GX12 is a crime, it seems that is what is the industry equivalent is but in my opinion of owning both X01 Eagle and XT 12spd, apart from the on paper weight, they are identical in quality and shifting... but very different in price.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
To compare XT12 to GX12 is a crime, it seems that is what is the industry equivalent is but in my opinion of owning both X01 Eagle and XT 12spd, apart from the on paper weight, they are identical in quality and shifting... but very different in price.
I'd agree XTR Trail/Race is equivalent to X01/XX1 but below that it gets a bit murky. I'd say GX is the equivalent of SLX (although perhaps not if your experience with the former is common). XT is supposed to be a premium product that sits out on its own, but Shimano weirded out with the 11 speed stuff and priced SLX / XT basically the same because they like cannibalising sales with their own products or something.

To clarify; I have no experience in 12 speed Shimano. Early reviews of even the basic Deore level stuff has been promising, but the enforced faff and expense of wilfully different hub drivers has kinda nixed the appeal of trying out different drivetrains.

ozzybmx

I'd agree XTR Trail/Race is equivalent to X01/XX1 but below that it gets a bit murky. I'd say GX is the equivalent of SLX
They have elevated XX1 to be more premium than X01, just that wee bit more expensive special ;)

I would definitely say SLX and GX were on par though I swapped out my boys GX12 and NX12 for SLX as I couldn't get any XT around Nov/Dec 2020, they shift beautifully but the derailleurs cages are noticeably flimsier than the XT mechs. Thats the way its should be, lesser materials, heavier and not as blingy to the eye... don't leave out shims and shrouds making the derailleur wobble to a point where it doesn't shift.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I pulled 12spd GX and NX off the boys bikes in disgust. They are the worst gear sets(s) I have ever experienced, I can't even fathom how they can slot in SX 12spd below them.
Did the same, the GX eagle deraileur goes sloppy after a few months.. Dunno about the newer wide range gx eagle they redesigned..
Even the GX eagle cassette is clunky..