Newly Released Suspension & Components General

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
This has been an interesting series:

Ohlins really seem to be coming along, their product line up is looking like more and more of a threat to the established players.
Yes! I just discovered this yesterday. Watched the episodes on suspension, brakes, wheels and bars/stem. I thought they were all really good. He obviously is coming at it from a particular viewpoint (IE - a racer wanting the best performing equipment that is also consistent ans easy to maintain) but he makes that clear from the start.

I found it really interesting that the stock Fox/Rockshox forks were probably set to deliver the best performance for the average rider but that let them down a little at race pace. Probably not too hard to get a race tune on either of them.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks alright, low stack height & overall length is a winner. Does look a bit more faffy for changing travel and servicing though.

yuley95

Wolftooth dropper post! :oops: Didn’t see that coming.

Weird they claim on Pinkbike it is the first self bleeding dropper yet BikeYoke launched the Devine a while back. Even had a wolf tooth employee/rep in the comments section doubling down on the claim.

Looks nice though and good to have other quality options

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Weird they claim on Pinkbike it is the first self bleeding dropper yet BikeYoke launched the Devine a while back. Even had a wolf tooth employee/rep in the comments section doubling down on the claim.

Looks nice though and good to have other quality options
I asked the question on their Instagram page and they replied;

86CBB283-32ED-48B8-BF09-2E1B5B378518.jpeg

So it’s the first true self bleeding post.

yuley95

I asked the question on their Instagram page and they replied;

View attachment 393381

So it’s the first true self bleeding post.
Wolf tooth said the same in Pinkbike comments (pretty much word for word which makes me think it was a prepared response) and guy from BikeYoke disputed the comment:
Screen Shot 2022-10-13 at 9.35.34 am.png

I'm sure there is some technical detail that can be disputed or a definition of 'self-bleeding' that is not agreed upon but either way I don't think its a good look for Wolf Tooth to make the claim.

I'm also wondering if the BikeYoke comment is a suggestion that will be cracking the new post open to see if it infringes any patent to achieve a similar result.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I'm also wondering if the BikeYoke comment is a suggestion that will be cracking the new post open to see if it infringes any patent to achieve a similar result.
They'd be foolish to not. I would. Way back when Holden designed the VE Commodore they were very open about the fact the bought a BMW and emulated that.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
They'd be foolish to not. I would. Way back when Holden designed the VE Commodore they were very open about the fact the bought a BMW and emulated that.
If only they'd bought a 3 series instead of a 7 series they might still be with us. (I know they were aiming for the US/Arab police vehicle platforms, but seriously making the VE a land-barge was a shit decision).

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
If only they'd bought a 3 series instead of a 7 series they might still be with us. (I know they were aiming for the US/Arab police vehicle platforms, but seriously making the VE a land-barge was a shit decision).
A mate of mine worked at Holden in development at the time, from memory it was a Bangle-era 5 series.

Apparently the engineering blew them away, they took it apart and rebuilt it a few times.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Wolf tooth said the same in Pinkbike comments (pretty much word for word which makes me think it was a prepared response) and guy from BikeYoke disputed the comment:
View attachment 393388
I'm sure there is some technical detail that can be disputed or a definition of 'self-bleeding' that is not agreed upon but either way I don't think its a good look for Wolf Tooth to make the claim.

Sacki is the owner of Bike Yoke. I guess different ideas of self bleed. Be interested to see how the Wolf Tooth goes long term. I think Pinkbike mentioned some squish that required a few drops to fix.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
A mate of mine worked at Holden in development at the time, from memory it was a Bangle-era 5 series.

Apparently the engineering blew them away, they took it apart and rebuilt it a few times.
Hehe, and yet Toyota had to make some 'suggestions' to BMW for the Supra.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)