Newly Released Suspension & Components General

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got out for about an hour and a half this morning. Beautiful but a bit chilly. 5c at the top of Golden Gully Fire Road. Stopped to strip a few layers off at this gate well known to those who ride in South Hobart. Good to know there are some friendly folks around.

Enjoyed a break from yesterdays bike related activity.

Luckily, I'm a pack rat with plenty of packing materials though one of those Canyon boxes is off to the recycling when I finish packing.
Just realized I am in the wrong thread. I would move it but don't know if it is possible.

Last edited:

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Not having had one - What material do other star ratchet hubs use in the drive shell?

This looks like it'd fret the bejeesuz out of the inside splines of the hub in a very short amount of time.

Otherwise, very cool idea.
Given I have tried the aftermarket DT ratchets with 60T and stripped it out in a month, I have my doubts.
The teeth appear to be very small

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Given I have tried the aftermarket DT ratchets with 60T and stripped it out in a month, I have my doubts.
The teeth appear to be very small
That too, but I was more meaning where the bit in the middle that shuffles back and forth while ratcheting meets the hub shell. Appears like stainless steel splines (I’m assuming), rubbing back and forth directly onto the aluminium hub shell. I get there’d be grease in there, but still… :oops: