Newly Released Suspension & Components General

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Remember how it felt to have Italian forks filled with the suppleness of butter? Well now you can relive the moment using a fork with modern weight and stiffness...

SRAM just need to learn how to market speak.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Lol, fired up much? You took me very seriously.

[EDIT] Actually, now I’m (re)reading this properly and not skim-reading it during a short SBS OnDemand ad-break it doesn’t sound so angry… lolz. At least I’m assuming the “F*** off” isn’t directed at me? Anyway I don’t really care. For you @Ultra Lord - one day I will bother to try and understand what buttercups do and why I should be SuperBoost level stoked about them. For now in my mind they just provide a bit of spring colour to alpine meadows.
No, it isn’t.
Throwing %’s around in marketing is dumb.

I’m not super stoked, I’ve only just bought new pikes and now 3 rides later (sydney weather. Not riding in that muck) theres some amazing new fork out. But I can see how these can be an actual improvement most people could actually feel.

Christ they gave it a dumb name.

RichJS

Likes Dirt
All this talk of new forks and buttercups and I'm eyeing off current Pike and Lyric Ultimates at universal cycles that are 33 to 35% off.
Hmm, USD156 shipping is a fair whack, but 35% off is also pretty good. I got some Recon Silver RL 140mm that I'd like to upgrade.

Do I go the lighter Pike Ultimate 150mm @ $1060 (seems like 20mm longer a2c for 10mm more travel) ... or the heavier (but still way ligher than Recons) Mezzer Pro at $920, same a2c per travel mm, and I can adjust 140-180mm just by moving some plastic spacers on the air spring?

Also, it's disappointing that the new Lyriks stop at 160mm / they're copying the Fox 36 specs. I never felt I needed to switch mine for Zebs, but I have swapped the 160mm air spring for 170mm. Maybe too many people realised they could turn their 6yo Lyriks into brand new ultimates with a new air spring, damper, seals and oil?

Hmm, USD156 shipping is a fair whack, but 35% off is also pretty good. I got some Recon Silver RL 140mm that I'd like to upgrade.

Do I go the lighter Pike Ultimate 150mm @ $1060 (seems like 20mm longer a2c for 10mm more travel) ... or the heavier (but still way ligher than Recons) Mezzer Pro at $920, same a2c per travel mm, and I can adjust 140-180mm just by moving some plastic spacers on the air spring?

Also, it's disappointing that the new Lyriks stop at 160mm / they're copying the Fox 36 specs. I never felt I needed to switch mine for Zebs, but I have swapped the 160mm air spring for 170mm. Maybe too many people realised they could turn their 6yo Lyriks into brand new ultimates with a new air spring, damper, seals and oil?
I ship using MYUS.com which is normally much cheaper than going through the shop. Can someone tell me the dimensions of the Lyrik shipping box and I will work out what shipping is going to cost through MYUS.com.

PJO

in me vL comy
I seem to be coming round to the idea that the Buttercups (RAGs) might actually do something.
Been re-watching some of Vorsprungs Youtube vids and there is quite a bit of friction in air springs. Also the rubber anti-vibration grommets (RAGs) will increase the hysteresis in the damping (the lag from when the damper is activated after a bump), which he seems to think is a good thing in MTB (even though it is not in motorised sports).

Cleverly

Likes Bikes
I seem to be coming round to the idea that the Buttercups (RAGs) might actually do something.
Been re-watching some of Vorsprungs Youtube vids and there is quite a bit of friction in air springs. Also the rubber anti-vibration grommets (RAGs) will increase the hysteresis in the damping (the lag from when the damper is activated after a bump), which he seems to think is a good thing in MTB (even though it is not in motorised sports).

Lost another one!

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Price point is (I think) around the same as XX1 mechanical / XTR. Lighter too, and customisable cassettes. Quality is ridiculous.
CRS-X crankset (XC/marathon) is almost the exact same weight as XTR M9100 (464g). CRS-G (trail/enduro) is 161g heavier than XTR, or 104g heavier than XT. All without chainring.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Ingrid need their own tools to install so need to factor that in as well. Rear mechs are about $900 but the rest seems ok price wise.
but every small part is available as a spare and able to switch between 11/12sp which is kinda cool.

I can't believe that this sort of money is par for the course these days.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
but every small part is available as a spare and able to switch between 11/12sp which is kinda cool.

I can't believe that this sort of money is par for the course these days.
Insane money. I really like TRPs mech and shifter but it’s never on sale and more money than XTR. Ingrid makes some really nice products and understand low volume hence higher prices but Garbaruk seems to keep their prices ok but not sure how big or small they are.