Newly Released eBikes and eComponents General

Shorsau

Likes Dirt
The real question
Pretty heavy if the Valeo Effigear is anything to go by.

The Valeo/Effigear Smart e-Bike System features seven gears with a range of 450% and a whopping 130 Nm of maximum torque. Total weight of the 48 V motor comes to 4.9 kg, which means that the gearbox part of the system adds about 2 kg to the bike.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
New software update for Gen 3 Levo and KSL. Normally I don’t get excited about these but this has airtime and distance jumped as new stats! Could actually add a little fun! (Not that I can jump well but hey, it’ll make a change from chasing KOM’s….damn Strava)

link1896

Mr Greenfield
New software update for Gen 3 Levo and KSL. Normally I don’t get excited about these but this has airtime and distance jumped as new stats! Could actually add a little fun! (Not that I can jump well but hey, it’ll make a change from chasing KOM’s….damn Strava)
Latest firmware is intentionally bricking motors firmware when any non genuine devices are discovered during upgrade.

Beware.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Latest firmware is intentionally bricking motors firmware when any non genuine devices are discovered during upgrade.

Beware.
Is this info credible? Conflicting info coming out on emtb forum, guys that have derestricted bikes doing the update and all is well.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Out of curiosity I had a spin down at a Trek store on the new Fuel Ex-e.

I have to admit, it's almost silent. Riding it you could tell it's an E-bike obviously but the assist is so smooth, without any clunking or knocking noise and there's barely any noise from the motor as you're pedalling. A lot of the reasons I am not sold on them are falling away.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Pffft... who buys an ebike?
I feel I am being forced. My lease is up soon and more than likely the only vehicle I may want already has a stupid wait list which I wont be joining.

Just keeping an eye on what's-what and might upgrade the missus bike ;)