Newly Released eBikes and eComponents General

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I would like to upgrade my Merida bars and that's the only one I have seen with a hole in it at the middle for the cables and to suit the shimano motor.
Dont have an e bike but didn’t realise aftermarket bars didn’t cater for the display. Sure more will start to offer aftermarket options.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Aside from integration with all their electric gimmickries, wonder what SRAM will offer that hasn't already been thrown up.
Specialized have the lions share of the market when it comes to unreliability, so you better hope SRAM bring their A game...by the looks of the nice crack on the motor housing in the first picture, they look to be well on their way in this regard.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Definitely looks better than the repeater.

Fazua motor apparently too. Whatever that means. Looks really integrated into the frame too
Nox did a great job with their helium over the last few seasons. Lapierre has their E zesty, but every reviews shit canned the kinetics. The Facebook user group for forestal is pretty non stop with issues... Still a while to go until the Rise gets dethroned I suspect. Rotwilds got the best looking ones by a mile..

Attachments

Last edited:

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Will be interested to see where it goes.
I seen a few people on Pinkbike calling for a gearbox integrated with the motor. This isn't going to come from SRAM. How are are they going to sell all their expensive derailleurs, cassettes and chains? :p
They'll drop the price of those for the plebs

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nox did a great job with their helium over the last few seasons. Lapierre has their E zesty, but every reviews shit canned the kinetics. The Facebook user group for forestall is pretty non stop with issues... Still a while to go until the Rise gets dethroned I suspect. Rotwilds got the best looking ones by a mile..
Can't get a rotwild here though can you?

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Will be interested in the finished weight.
For what I have seen, there are two types of Ebike riders.
One wants all the power, turbo all the time and not so concerned about the weight. The other would like it to be as close to a normal MTB as possible in the way it rides but just give you the ability for a longer ride and make the climbs a bit less of a slog.
I'm more the latter. I like my Levo SL as it feels more like a normal bike and I'm quite happy with the performance of just 2 times assistance.
Of course if it could give 4x assistance and still be the same weight I wouldn't knock it back :p
Although I certainly noticed how much more playful my normal bike is when jumping back on it the other day. The closer to a normal bike the better for me.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That Transition is a step in the right direction for me owning an E-bike in the future (along with the Rise & Levo SL)

I don't want a 30kg bike that can go for 6 hours - That sucks all the fun out of it for me

Cheka

Likes Bikes
My wife bought a Levo SL and loves it. She can still manhandle (personhandle?) it in/out of the car or on/off the bike rack easily.
But the biggest plus for us was the ability to fly easily with it which no other bike really allows as far as I know.
We purchased the range extender battery which at 160wH is allowed to be carried on the plane. We have the shop drop the main battery out and leave that at home. If you ride big days then just get a second range extender to carry. We borrow one off a mate.
The beauty is if you run out of juice the bike still rides well and is not a slug.