Newly Released eBikes and eComponents General

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Mine is 24kg.. if anything it feels better, more planted.
24kg is pushing it for me. I'd want to aim for about 20kg.

Taking something like the entry level trek rail @24kg I was thinking: replace the RS35 fork for a pike losing 500g, run 27.5 wheels without super wide rims -500g, move from 29 fatties to 27.5 2.4s - 500g. Gets it close to around 22.5kg which is a lot more in range and that's with a mediocre budget and gear upgrades. If possible shift to a 360Wh battery and you are getting pretty close to the fuel exe weight with a much better spec bike. Alas the geo doesn't exactly make it possible to furn 27.5x2.4s, I wish someone would make that wheel size. Not a fan of big 29s

link1896

Mr Greenfield
It took legislation in Europe to get phone companies to use the same charging port - Good luck with E-Bikes
There is some lobbying to politicians in the EU to legislate for commonality with battery systems, long hard road to make it a reality.

Locking consumers into a proprietary system is commercial gold for the manufactures. It’s their third thought in any product design process….

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
24kg is pushing it for me. I'd want to aim for about 20kg.

Taking something like the entry level trek rail @24kg I was thinking: replace the RS35 fork for a pike losing 500g, run 27.5 wheels without super wide rims -500g, move from 29 fatties to 27.5 2.4s - 500g. Gets it close to around 22.5kg which is a lot more in range and that's with a mediocre budget and gear upgrades. If possible shift to a 360Wh battery and you are getting pretty close to the fuel exe weight with a much better spec bike. Alas the geo doesn't exactly make it possible to furn 27.5x2.4s, I wish someone would make that wheel size. Not a fan of big 29s
Jack up the travel on the front! Needs more slack anyway!

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Jack up the travel on the front! Needs more slack anyway!
The front centre/rear centre ratios these days means this in practice doesn't do much. Thought about a 170mm fork and seeing if 27.5 normal tyres run, but still a bit low for my liking especially with the expensive motor situated where it is!

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
There is some lobbying to politicians in the EU to legislate for commonality with battery systems, long hard road to make it a reality.

Locking consumers into a proprietary system is commercial gold for the manufactures. It’s their third thought in any product design process….
I thought new product design meetings always started with "whatever it is we come up with, it MUST be proprietary..."

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Repeater, new colour, new spec and updated frame for UDH.

2023_Repeater_Gallery_XOAXS_1.jpg

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Repeater, new colour, new spec and updated frame for UDH.

View attachment 398714
"I'm not interested in eBikes, I'm not interested in eBikes, I'm not interested in eBikes..."

I'm not going to buy one but bloody hell that'd be a bunch of fun!

ozzybmx

"I'm not interested in eBikes, I'm not interested in eBikes, I'm not interested in eBikes..."

I'm not going to buy one but bloody hell that'd be a bunch of fun!
It a nice bike indeed.

Though it was $19,000au for the range topper before the AXS transmission got added, plus some for 2023... well over $20k.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Though it was $19,000au for the range topper before the AXS transmission got added, plus some for 2023... well over $20k.
Lol, yeah definitely not buying one now.

[EDIT] I really doubt I'd buy a range topper if I ever bought a complete bike (I don't need SRAMission or Kashima), but still - lol at that price.

Last edited:

ozzybmx

[EDIT] I really doubt I'd buy a range topper if I ever bought a complete bike (I don't need SRAMission or Kashima), but still - lol at that price.
Especially not on an eeb. Drivetrain eating machines and the heft of the bike makes the suspension work regardless of a gold fork coating.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
New Levo SL. Described by Flow as riding similar to a Stumpy Evo
Price is interesting - Comp model has dropped 1k and now runs with GX and a 36 fork vs NX and 34s. Now looking like a contender to the Fuel Ex-e

2023 Specialized Levo SL Review | The best lightweight e-MTB? (flowmountainbike.com)
Yes, it looks like a nice bike. I really like my SL and the new model fixes a few things that the old one was lacking. Making it quieter is a good thing and it's basically the same motor with some sound proofing and better sealing, so it should be as reliable as the old SL. Something that makes me wary of the Trek Fuel EXe, as it's just not proven yet.