Newly Released eBikes and eComponents General

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
My wife bought a Levo SL and loves it. She can still manhandle (personhandle?) it in/out of the car or on/off the bike rack easily.
But the biggest plus for us was the ability to fly easily with it which no other bike really allows as far as I know.
We purchased the range extender battery which at 160wH is allowed to be carried on the plane. We have the shop drop the main battery out and leave that at home. If you ride big days then just get a second range extender to carry. We borrow one off a mate.
The beauty is if you run out of juice the bike still rides well and is not a slug.
Totally agree. Range anxiety isn't that much of an issue on a light Ebike as they aren't that bad to pedal unassisted.

Stredda

Scotty T

Walks the walk
That Transition is a step in the right direction for me owning an E-bike in the future (along with the Rise & Levo SL)

I don't want a 30kg bike that can go for 6 hours - That sucks all the fun out of it for me
Having tried the Levo SL and a normal Orbea I totally agree. While the big chunker was not as terrible as I thought it would be, the Levo was so much like riding my normal bike. I rode some really slow tech stuff on the Levo, the torque sensing was so good for that. Didn't get a chance to do much on the Orbea but enough to say I would definitley only get one of these light ones.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, I'm ok with the larger batterys, just the high power motors make the bikes so friggin ugly.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Shame its fugly.
I think I preferred when Trek used their entire downtube as a brand advertisement. This looks stuck in the early 2000s

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just went down and looked at one at the LBS. I like the looks, the motor is tiny. Coming from a non ebike there is still a bit of heft to it, I’d consider one if it was slightly longer travel. I assume they’ll be releasing a Slash version of it in the future.

Stredda

Just went down and looked at one at the LBS. I like the looks, the motor is tiny. Coming from a non ebike there is still a bit of heft to it, I’d consider one if it was slightly longer travel. I assume they’ll be releasing a Slash version of it in the future.
Surprised that they are in stock already considering how supply chains are at the moment :oops:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Apparently Trek AU have a decent amount of stock.
Hopefully the world is feeling the pinch and stock will be available on every level.

Sales people will have try and sell you stuff, giving sweetening discounts to get your custom.

I had great experience of this in the past couple of weeks. My boys wanted small smart TV's for their bedrooms... to be honest, Id rather they cast YouTube to a screen than squint at their phones.
GoodGuys, 2 x 32" Smart/Android/whatever telly's at $299 each, got them for $480 without any effort.

Then yesterday, been looking at a bigger Bluetooth speaker and decided to give the Good Guys another poke on the way in to nightshift last night, arrived 10 mins before closing, straight to the speaker section and a was lit on immediately by a sales assistant.
I gave the small talk 'whats the difference between the Flip5 and the Charge5'... I already fucking knew as I have been researching them for a few days, actually probably knew more than the sales bloke, he gave me the pitch and I asked him what he could do on price.

Was expecting $190, maybe $180... straight in with how does $160 sound... BOOM ! Watch out Melrose, Disco-Ozzy will hit town tomorrow morning with the tunes pumping at double the normal volume :D

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Trek have really upped the game with this bike. It’s going to be an interesting year of lightweight Ebikes I thin.

Oh no someone at TQ-System GmbH's legal office forgot to pay (or chose not to) the Australian Patent continuation fee on patent application 2011311151

Lapsed 7th April 2017, no backsies, unprotected works now. patent application 2011311151

their first application (2010231573 ) was shot down for being a piss poor application that didn't make sense.

Regardless, it's a nice step forward. I can't make real sense of the animation or the patent yet.

more details here

Stredda

Oh no someone at TQ-System GmbH's legal office forgot to pay (or chose not to) the Australian Patent continuation fee on patent application 2011311151

Lapsed 7th April 2017, no backsies, unprotected works now. patent application 2011311151

their first application (2010231573 ) was shot down for being a piss poor application that didn't make sense.

Regardless, it's a nice step forward. I can't make real sense of the animation or the patent yet.

more details here
It's a pretty clever system and because that the Harmonic Pin Ring System that does the reduction is concentric with the motor it doesn't extend the motor housing any more forward or rearward in the frame it keeps it all very compact.