Newly Released Bikes General

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
This is probably a stupid question, but why would you run a gearbox and use a chain instead of a belt?
I hate cleaning / replacing chains.
It'd be hard to run the high-idler setup with a Gates idler pulley (can't see any low teeth count/small diameter pulleys working without hacking up the belt), but otherwise - so much yes. Chains are PITA.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
This is probably a stupid question, but why would you run a gearbox and use a chain instead of a belt?
I hate cleaning / replacing chains.
As beeb said, and a chain is a little more efficient than a belt and with using a gearbox, the chain is run essentially like a single speed with just one optimum chain line, so lasts way longer that it does with a derailleur and cassette. You still have to lube it, so there's that hassle, but easier to source than a belt. All pros and cons of course.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That's about the sweet spot IMO. Even a couple of degrees steeper can work on steeper climbs if predominantly riding seated, but in my experience causes too much weight onto the hands on flatter JRA terrain.

And puts the seat in an awkward position when you are in the air.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
That's about the sweet spot IMO. Even a couple of degrees steeper can work on steeper climbs if predominantly riding seated, but in my experience causes too much weight onto the hands on flatter JRA terrain.
STA is probably not the only issue with your 180mm travel gravel bike though...