Newly Released Bikes General

cammas

Seamstress
Not the usual sex you see on this page, but Diamondback bikes coming back.

I'm not sure how a brand can recover from previosly being sold at bigW but looks like they are gving it a shot. Prices are... interesting...

They’ve tried a couple of times to get past it but haven’t succeeded, their delta suspension had good reviews from memory in the US but it’s hard when you discount your name brand into something cheap.
That’s why a few other brands use different names for their el cheapo’s.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
So many cones were consumed in the planning and pricing meetings for this.

You'd need to be high to spend up and buy one.
Cones or lines of coke?

It’s cool but yeah nah why buy this when if you really like everything to be hidden buy a Scott.

Surprised Scott haven’t closed Bold.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Yep, they had a special bespoke headset ready very quickly for that Enve road bike. That one pictured looks weird though - looks like a straight steerer 1/18 with headset routed cables? What frame is ever going to have that?
I think it's two top assemblies stacked on top of each other. It's difficult to stack a top and bottom assembly like that.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Yep, they had a special bespoke headset ready very quickly for that Enve road bike. That one pictured looks weird though - looks like a straight steerer 1/18 with headset routed cables? What frame is ever going to have that?
I think it's two top assemblies stacked on top of each other. It's difficult to stack a top and bottom assembly like that.
Presumably they're both EC44 cups - bottom with a 1.5" bearing, top with a 1.125" bearing and space for hoses/cables. Picture looks like the cable pass-through holes go outside the bearing.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Not the usual sex you see on this page, but Diamondback bikes coming back.

I'm not sure how a brand can recover from previosly being sold at bigW but looks like they are gving it a shot. Prices are... interesting...

I'd be interested to catch a look at the serial number. The Big W DiamondBack frames are punched out of the same factory as the even cheaper priced Big W pieces of crap.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
The Big W DiamondBack
Sad direction some of the biggest names of the 80's and 90's went when bought out.

Marin is clawing back slowly and probably just above Polygon level now, GT getting there etc...

Diamondback produced some of the nicest BMXs ever with the Viper, Silver Streak and Harry Leary Turbo.
Wouldn't mind a HLT hanging in my garage even now.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Sad direction some of the biggest names of the 80's and 90's went when bought out.

Marin is clawing back slowly and probably just above Polygon level now, GT getting there etc...

Diamondback produced some of the nicest BMXs ever with the Viper, Silver Streak and Harry Leary Turbo.
Wouldn't mind a HLT hanging in my garage even now.
Early 90’s Diamond Back was second to GT on dream bikes for me.

dazz

Downhill Dazz
Presumably they're both EC44 cups - bottom with a 1.5" bearing, top with a 1.125" bearing and space for hoses/cables. Picture looks like the cable pass-through holes go outside the bearing.
Nah, that's just their patented WankLock, I mean, GripLock collar you can see in there that looks a bit like the inside of a bearing.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Bought out by the same guy that fucked it? What am I missing here?
Sound like they were relying on investment, which dried up during corona... when bike shops were thriving.

Anyhow, good news for those waiting on bikes, Dan sounds like straight shooting guy. Good on him for keeping it alive.

Like many businesses that want to grow, particularly in manufacturing, we rely on financial backing. The last 2 years have obviously been extremely difficult to navigate and the exposure to severely unpredictable market forces has tested everyone to the limit. We find ourselves in a situation where our backers are looking to minimise their portfolio exposure. Meaning that we need to look for a new source of investment and that’s the task that the administrators have been brought in to achieve.