Newly Released Bikes General

LPG

likes thicc birds
Calling @beeb! Looks like you need to throw up a tutorial.
I've done ot on a shock dial (gold/orange dial on a marzocchi shock). Basically a tablespoon of draino in a couple cups of water in a stainless pot. Add dial and move around with stainless tongs for around 30 secs until ot looks evenly silver. Take out with tongs, tip draino down drain and rinse everything thoroughly.

Edit: do it somewhere well ventilated and wear safety glasses, gloves etc...

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
They look like shit.
Give me a nice CNC knob any day!
The Hopp carbon bits look better in person.

...but the finishing on the bits where the spring and detents fit in my Grip2 dials I received was shitful. I e-mailed him, and basically got back (paraphrasing) "Moulding carbon is hard, tough luck". Even with my liberals amounts of bodgeneering I couldn't get the LSC (inner) dial to ever work without binding. I ended up running the carbon HSC (outer) dial and the alloy LSC (inner) dial. I had to jam a random bit of scrap material into the spring and detent hole on the HSC dial too or it was so deep the detent ball didn't actually engage. Then Fox released the updated Fox 36's with black-anno dials. :rolleyes:

PJO

in me vL comy
The Hopp carbon bits look better in person.

...but the finishing on the bits where the spring and detents fit in my Grip2 dials I received was shitful. I e-mailed him, and basically got back (paraphrasing) "Moulding carbon is hard, tough luck". Even with my liberals amounts of bodgeneering I couldn't get the LSC (inner) dial to ever work without binding. I ended up running the carbon HSC (outer) dial and the alloy LSC (inner) dial. I had to jam a random bit of scrap material into the spring and detent hole on the HSC dial too or it was so deep the detent ball didn't actually engage. Then Fox released the updated Fox 36's with black-anno dials. :rolleyes:
Carbon fibre is great for some things. Knobs and dials ain't one of them.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
That's really and electric dirt bike that happens to have a crankset and MTB drivetrain slung underneath. It has twist grip throttle and 4,000W electric motor. Definitely not something we want on the MTB trails.
To be honest, why wouldn't you just get a proper electric dirt bike if you were going down that path.
Yep, electric trials bike would seem more useful. The lines continuing to blur.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Spectral now available with 125mm travel, but same geo as the bigger version
https://www.canyon.com/en-au/mountain-bikes/trail-bikes/spectral-125/al/

125/140 is a pretty good spot for a lot of the trails I ride, but that's a damn slack HA and relativity long chainstays for what should be a 'trail' bike. The tight squeeze for the water bottle would suck too.
With it not being much lighter, or really different overall, I'm not quite sure why you wouldn't just go the 150mm version. Yeah it might make your local laps a bit too tame sometimes, but it's also a bit more forgiving if you want to push things.

Haylex

Likes Dirt
Yea with that geo you'll quickly be sending it down trails and writing checks the bike cant cash. Same build as the normal spectral too - ill cop the 100g weight penalty and take the extra travel thanks

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That's really and electric dirt bike that happens to have a crankset and MTB drivetrain slung underneath. It has twist grip throttle and 4,000W electric motor. Definitely not something we want on the MTB trails.
To be honest, why wouldn't you just get a proper electric dirt bike if you were going down that path.
I've already seen one or two electric dirt bike looking things (even more so than above, no cranks) heading up Bee Line and around to/down High Voltage. They're around.