Newly Released Bikes General

moorey

call me Mia
So what if he is a rich playboy, makes no diff to me and I can't imagine he's spending more hours on his MTB habit than you do. He's also got world cup events going on basically in his back yard and was/is a massive Sam Hill fan.
Sounds to me like he knows he's not ever going to be top 10 or anything, just a bloke in his late 20's wanting to try to be a part of it on a bike that reminds him of watching his hero tear tracks apart back in the day.
I don't see anything wrong with that at all. Could totally see myself attempting similar in the same circumstances, maybe you're just jealous. There can only be one Hill #1 fan! Haha.
Lol. More power to him. It just reeks of another manufactured Pinkbike sensation of the week that will be forgotten tomorrow.
You’re an engineer, and into retro, I get your interest. I’m neither. I predict his welds will snap in practice of the first round…not that I think he’ll do it.

dazz

Downhill Dazz
Lol. More power to him. It just reeks of another manufactured Pinkbike sensation of the week that will be forgotten tomorrow.
You’re an engineer, and into retro, I get your interest. I’m neither. I predict his welds will snap in practice of the first round…not that I think he’ll do it.
Cool, we're all entitled to our opinions, no matter how unedumacated they may be. My prediction is that those welds will likely hold up at least as well as your next Banshee frame.
I hope Pinkbike keep doing those articles too, I really liked this one. Be at least 3 days before I forget about it me thinks...

moorey

call me Mia
Cool, we're all entitled to our opinions, no matter how unedumacated they may be. My prediction is that those welds will likely hold up at least as well as your next Banshee frame.
I hope Pinkbike keep doing those articles too, I really liked this one. Be at least 3 days before I forget about it me thinks...
The look of his welds….that may not be properly heat treated…on fatigued old alloy…at angles they weren’t engineered for….I’d be scared.
But you’re the engineer, not me.
I’d rather PB articles about manufacturers working together instead of making proprietary gear, and admitting that new standards are purely to separate gullible people from their money in attempts to outdo their mates at the coffee shop.

dazz

Downhill Dazz
The look of his welds….that may not be properly heat treated…on fatigued old alloy…at angles they weren’t engineered for….I’d be scared.
But you’re the engineer, not me.
Grip managed it for many, many years. A weld doesn't have to be pretty to be strong and there are many pretty welds that aren't strong. Grip obviously had way more practice than this guy as his repairs were always strong AND neat. Ima gonna give his guy the benefit of doubt, sounds like he did a trial frame first to practice on and iron out any major issues. Also the front triangle on this thing is using new tubes to be able to achieve the geo he was chasing.
I’d rather PB articles about manufacturers working together instead of making proprietary gear, and admitting that new standards are purely to separate gullible people from their money in attempts to outdo their mates at the coffee shop.
To quote my kid's, 'but that's boooorrring'. Not to mention NEVER going to happen. Hahaha

moorey

call me Mia
Grip managed it for many, many years. A weld doesn't have to be pretty to be strong and there are many pretty welds that aren't strong. Grip obviously had way more practice than this guy as his repairs
They were also adding gussets, at least the couple of locals I knew who had repairs.
My Transition was welded by a professional frame repairer. Lasted 4 weeks.

dazz

Downhill Dazz
So…it’s just copy of a Sunday, really? Like numerous other bikes in recent WC’s.
No, it's totally different. All the current bikes are built using proprietary gear and new standards, remember? This is a custom, one of a kind, frame with bespoke triple clamp frankenfork, so it's ... oh... yeh its same as all the others.

Last edited:

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
aluminium welds never look pretty, the process for aluminium is different rhan steel, so you end up with larger coin stacks than steel tig.
His welds and oranges welds look fine. Nothing wrong with them.

That whole conversation can be summed up with TL;DR Mooreys grumpy and yelling at his phone again.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
aluminium welds never look pretty, the process for aluminium is different rhan steel, so you end up with larger coin stacks than steel tig.
His welds and oranges welds look fine. Nothing wrong with them.

That whole conversation can be summed up with TL;DR Mooreys grumpy and yelling at his phone again.
The music on this radio station sucks!!!

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
This weapon popped up in my work Office 360 feed :p

Description......
Change the way you ride, let the ride be whatever you want. When the going gets tough, our AKEZ 26” mountain eBike is an absolute thriller. The aluminum alloy frame is precision-crafted for improved handling with an easy-twist 21-speed shifting. You can choose any speed according to your needs. The superior comfort-touch package includes a premium padded saddle and dual-density handle bar grips and pedals for comfort where it matters most. The superb front and back Dual-Disc-Brake to ensure firm braking at all times. Also, The bright LED headlight are equipped for night riding. This bike arrives almost fully pre-assembled so all you need to do is attaching them all in only 5 steps.Model-1 and model-2 are on sale at the same time, Tire shape will be shipped randomly!

Tire shape shipped randomly? Some are square?o_O