Newly Released Bikes General

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Atherton bikes now online. Pricing not as insane as I thought it would be.

https://www.athertonbikes.com/
Yeah same. That UK price includes VAT so an extremely rough guess is probably around $7500 for a frame with an X2 here.

Given most carbon full suspension frames will be at least $6k by the end of this year and closer to $7k with a decent shock, an Atherton is looking pretty good for what you get.

Edit: @Oddjob beat me to it.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
The pricing looks very good considering the technology and level of customisation. I'm assuming that the fatigue life on these would be insane and you could get frame parts reprinted. This could be a real winner.
They definitely won't have any "No longer available" excuses if warranty repairs are required.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I feel like it may be a little bit of a quirky bike with a single family being the developers. Very specific to their needs and riding styles/facilities.
I'm sure there are some other test riders around but no doubt the Atherton family makes the final decisions.

dazz

Downhill Dazz
He could weld for Orange.
Oh yeah, looks like his mate drank half the carton of beer payment BEFORE turning the welder on. It's def a backyard job, but sounds like bloke can ride a bit and if he achieves his goal of qualifying for a WC round, there will be a few people with confused look saying, "I thought I just saw a Sunday go past, WTAF???" Good on him.

moorey

call me Mia
Oh yeah, looks like his mate drank half the carton of beer payment BEFORE turning the welder on. It's def a backyard job, but sounds like bloke can ride a bit and if he achieves his goal of qualifying for a WC round, there will be a few people with confused look saying, "I thought I just saw a Sunday go past, WTAF???" Good on him.
I didn’t read the full story, or note the builder/rider, but if he’s going to the trouble and expense of doing the WC as a privateer, and using that to do so, he’s gotta be a rich playboy with too much time on his hands. IMHO.

dazz

Downhill Dazz
I didn’t read the full story, or note the builder/rider, but if he’s going to the trouble and expense of doing the WC as a privateer, and using that to do so, he’s gotta be a rich playboy with too much time on his hands. IMHO.
So what if he is a rich playboy, makes no diff to me and I can't imagine he's spending more hours on his MTB habit than you do. He's also got world cup events going on basically in his back yard and was/is a massive Sam Hill fan.
Sounds to me like he knows he's not ever going to be top 10 or anything, just a bloke in his late 20's wanting to try to be a part of it on a bike that reminds him of watching his hero tear tracks apart back in the day.
I don't see anything wrong with that at all. Could totally see myself attempting similar in the same circumstances, maybe you're just jealous. There can only be one Hill #1 fan! Haha.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
So what if he is a rich playboy, makes no diff to me and I can't imagine he's spending more hours on his MTB habit than you do. He's also got world cup events going on basically in his back yard and was/is a massive Sam Hill fan.
Sounds to me like he knows he's not ever going to be top 10 or anything, just a bloke in his late 20's wanting to try to be a part of it on a bike that reminds him of watching his hero tear tracks apart back in the day.
I don't see anything wrong with that at all. Could totally see myself attempting similar in the same circumstances, maybe you're just jealous. There can only be one Hill #1 fan! Haha.
Well said. Awesome to see some interesting bikes out there.