Newly Released Bikes General

Jpez

Down on the left!
Didn’t really know where to put this but I’ve been following a small engineering company building a gearbox bike- Effigear with high pivot. The photos look amazing. Very keen to see the finished product. thought some might find this interesting

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
@Jpez after seeing that exploded diagram of the Deviate the other day, all these linkage-driven high-pivot frames scare me now haha. That does look sick though.

Jpez

Down on the left!
@Jpez after seeing that exploded diagram of the Deviate the other day, all these linkage-driven high-pivot frames scare me now haha. That does look sick though.
I know! I looked at the same diagrams and wondered if my rocket surgery degrees would still be enough to do a tear down and rebuild! So many parts!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Yeah, I'd be a lot more concerned about the BB area flex and inevitable cracking on that trinity_mtb frame. Layout looks good though!

To be honest, I'm not a fan of all these machined chainstays/seatstays appearing on these boutique frame designs lately either. They're pointless mud-traps and still prone to cracking unless severly "overbuilt"/heavy. Maybe I've just seen too many similar designs in aircraft fatigue cracked through though...

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur

"You don't have to worry about getting any of the spacers mixed up as they're all identical"

I never knew how good some sentences could sound.
I took all this apart and put it back together on the Ripley, and that's just the eccentrics:

View attachment 374918

I think these things tend to look worse than they are in reality.
Such a fastidiously cool and well thought out design. Unfortunately also an answer to a question people stopped asking (how to package a non-boost 29er suspension package with front derailleurs etc.)

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Such a fastidiously cool and well thought out design.
Baaah... wouldn't keep a Scottish raindrop out ;)

At the height of my Highlander drama and the reality that losing my shit at Dev.uk and not getting the frame was possibility, I was scouring the internet for a medium Druid in that exact Cosmic Eggplant colour. Very nice bikes.

Last edited:

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I think these things tend to look worse than they are in reality.
Aha almost always, and similarly once you itemise every individual little part, spacer, conical washer etc even simple linkage designs end up looking complex.

Still though ;)

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
To be honest, I'm not a fan of all these machined chainstays/seatstays appearing on these boutique frame designs lately either. They're pointless mud-traps and still prone to cracking unless severly "overbuilt"/heavy. Maybe I've just seen too many similar designs in aircraft fatigue cracked through though...
True, like CNC'ed alloy goodness. Love how it looks but know it will probably get a dreaded crack one day.

I don't know why they don't design some kind of integrated rear wheel mudguard on frames now that could shield the BB area. Increasingly more suspension monkey motion seems to be happening around there now and is bound to get caked in crap in record time.

beeb

I don't know why they don't design some kind of integrated rear wheel mudguard on frames now that could shield the BB area. Increasingly more suspension monkey motion seems to be happening around there now and is bound to get caked in crap in record time.
Some models do have them now, but generally just little flaps - hope to see more in future also!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Some models do have them now, but generally just little flaps - hope to see more in future also!
As long as it doesn't look like a mudguard :) An aerodynamic looking fairing thingy with dust shielding purpose please Mr Bike Industry sir.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Didn’t really know where to put this but I’ve been following a small engineering company building a gearbox bike- Effigear with high pivot. The photos look amazing. Very keen to see the finished product. thought some might find this interesting
Interesting that they're developing it using the new Effigear box, which also has the same mount as the Pinion box! Could lead to a few more gearboxes sitting in frames.

beeb

Since having a read on Pinkbike about who's involved in that trinity_mtb project, I now have a lot more faith in it evolving into something worthwhile. This must just be a early proto.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Since having a read on Pinkbike about who's involved in that trinity_mtb project, I now have a lot more faith in it evolving into something worthwhile. This must just be a early proto.
They seem to have a little more info on their posts on Instagram.

They've got the Itrack guys on board as well who did the suspension on the Craftworks ENR.

beeb

They seem to have a little more info on their posts on Instagram.

They've got the Itrack guys on board as well who did the suspension on the Craftworks ENR.
Yeah, never quite got onto the 'gram. Hardly even use facebook anymore.

Hence when I saw I-Track and engineered_to_slide mentioned in the PB article I got a little excited.

slowmick

38-39"
I-Track have warmed up their Instagram account over the last few weeks. I fan boyed and told Hugh I was considered asking him about Craftworks during his day job. He has a design for a new ENR but factories are jam packed with the big boys orders. Good to know they will be back with their own brand of high pivot wizardry.