Newly Released Bikes General

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Oh dear, another thread about to be turned into dog appreciation society...

View attachment 374395

That Niner isn't very pretty is it, looks like the old Mondrakers.
I feel like Niner have moved away a bit from their heyday of canine poo designs - the first gen Jet9 carbon was a perfect silhouette of an anxious dog.
That Niner is grim. Probs didnt need to add an extra kink to the top tube there turbo.
I reckon it's another example of what afflicts a lot of 29ers - bigger sizes look good, smaller sizes do not (that looks like a medium). That extra kink would make more sense if the frame was bigger.

moorey

call me Mia
It's like they want the top tube to flex.
I always wanted a Niner before they went belly up, looks like their current 'aeronautical engineer' is also striving to make the ugliest bike in history
Maybe he worked on the early 00’s KHS bikes?

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I always wanted a Niner before they went belly up
Same. Heart seemed to be in the right place and I liked their transparency. Company owner (Chris Sugai?) even delivered a public apology and literally ate a humble pie after Niner released their first 650b compatible bike after swearing they'd never touch one. Plus I'll always have time for a bike company that develops a beer bottle cap headset mount.

Weird they went bust though. They championed 29ers for years, then the moment 29ers went nuts they seemingly failed to ride the wave and fell over.

Last edited:

Ackland

chats d'élevage
At "Peak Niner" I had 4 of them.
Now only have one and not looking at getting another.

Though I would take back my Jet9 RDO

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
At "Peak Niner" I had 4 of them.
Now only have one and not looking at getting another.

Though I would take back my Jet9 RDO
Out of interest did you do both the Air9 and Air9 RDO?

Bit of internet debate about those for a bit. Some said the RDO was transformational in terms of compliance, others said there was bugger all difference.

I always wanted a Ros9.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Out of interest did you do both the Air9 and Air9 RDO?

Bit of internet debate about those for a bit. Some said the RDO was transformational in terms of compliance, others said there was bugger all difference.

I always wanted a Ros9.
I didn't own one but rode an Original Air9.
The OG was stiffer. I preferred it as a short course rig but the RDO has been nice for marathon riding.

From all reports the boost RDO was just god awful. I have refused purely based on the Bio30 being shite (same for the new SIR)