Newly Released Bikes General

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
^ from the still - when did trek ditch their floater set up? Another case of the homogenisation of big brands.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
With the first Slash 29 in 2016. Reason given was shocks were good enough that it was no longer required.
When did the specialized patent on FRS/Horst or whatever it was expire?

One factory to rule them all...actually 2 factories, but the poem wasn't about 2 rings. Though that does pose interesting conundrum.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bike buying is getting harder by the day!
So many good options now across all categories and particularly the ones that straddle genres

moorey

call me Mia
Aside from the more appropriate sizing, that Antidote Carbonjack review seems to read a lot like the Ripmo. Not an enduro sled, but a proper riding MTB.
IMHO, an Enduro bike SHOULD be a proper riding MTB. The trend for long/low/slack might be all fun for playing and descending fast, but doesn’t lend itself to being a bike you can ride in all conditions and terrain for hours.
One of the main reasons I loved the Revel when looking for a new bike for Felix was the conservative numbers and being designed to pedal and climb really well, while still being a super capable descender.
Pure enduro descending race bikes have their place, as do ploughs, but I think the amount of people able to use them to potential in a race is very limited. TLDR. The Carbonjack did catch my eye. Looks like a hoot.

bigdamo

Likes Dirt
You can even show off the engine map app at the post ride cafe stop!

Some mtb’s have gotten dumb.
So how bout one of these then!
Way more street cred than an E-bike. And have change left for a decent MTB.
Be good if KYB start making MTB suspension as well. https://www.yamahabicycles.com/bikes/ydx-moro-pro/

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
IMHO, an Enduro bike SHOULD be a proper riding MTB. The trend for long/low/slack might be all fun for playing and descending fast, but doesn’t lend itself to being a bike you can ride in all conditions and terrain for hours.
One of the main reasons I loved the Revel when looking for a new bike for Felix was the conservative numbers and being designed to pedal and climb really well, while still being a super capable descender.
Pure enduro descending race bikes have their place, as do ploughs, but I think the amount of people able to use them to potential in a race is very limited. TLDR. The Carbonjack did catch my eye. Looks like a hoot.
I was rolling around the Silvan 'Flowduro' race on the weekend absolutely staggered by the size of bike people are riding.
So many people walking 170mm coil-sprung bikes up the hill.
Their regular 'rides' must include a lot of driving/shuttling or walking

moorey

call me Mia
I was rolling around the Silvan 'Flowduro' race on the weekend absolutely staggered by the size of bike people are riding.
So many people walking 170mm coil-sprung bikes up the hill.
Their regular 'rides' must include a lot of driving/shuttling or walking
I’ve got plenty of mates who would consider or call themselves an Enduro rider, but wouldn’t pedal up a hill to save themselves. That’s fine, I’m not into the whole categorizing of bikes and riding. Don’t get me started on opportunistic wankfest that is ‘down country’. Flame suit on. :D