Newly Released Bikes General

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
The ultra-modern hardtails (like that new Kona ESD) are really very limited in scope on what they suit (very steep/very fast descents). The Merida looks like a solid all-round geo, and as @HamboCairns suggests, if measured unsagged would actually still be quite long at sag.
It's why I'm going for the Ragley Big Al rather than the mmmbop.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Trek made one of my favourite hardtails, and the 2016(?) Fuel Ex was an awesome bike, but nothing they've put out in the last few years looks interesting at all.

Petero

Likes Dirt
The ultra-modern hardtails (like that new Kona ESD) are really very limited in scope on what they suit (very steep/very fast descents). The Merida looks like a solid all-round geo, and as @HamboCairns suggests, if measured unsagged would actually still be quite long at sag.
That's a fair point - it was more a comment on not really following the trend!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I like that Trek because it looks like it doesn't have Knock Block. I quite liked a Fuel EX I rode, but no friggen way am I buying a bike with knock-block...

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Knock Block has its benefits, but what is a PITA with it is if you fancy changing stems. You need a specific lockring spacer or you end up with a very limited range of Bontrager stems.

Wouldn't be a deal breaker but other brands get a solution done without it.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I don't mind knock block, it means that I can do super neat cable runs and have a ready excuse when all the cool kids ask why I can't do bar spins.
Wuss.

Ironically, I could've used one on my Procaliber when I crashed it. Pushed the shifter over the top tube, chipping the paint and destroying the Di2 shifter in the process
Surely it is just a matter of setting up your cock controls better?