Newly Released Bikes General

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
cus if even idiots like me can't justify spending this level of money sales might drop off a bit otherwise.
This is what I'm thinking too - when people with a history of higher-end purchases are baulking at the prices there can't be much of a market left.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I haven't been that fussed about several high-priced mtb purchases in recent years, but it's just getting too expensive now.

I can't see myself updating anything in the fleet for some time if this continues.
Agreed, for $7k I'd be updating/upgrading me and then continuing to ride my existing bikes.

EDIT: Or maybe I should buy crypto with my $7k in the current dip and then later I can buy 2 Yetis, one for Saturday rides and one for Sundays.

Different colours of course.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Agreed, for $7k I'd be updating/upgrading me and then continuing to ride my existing bikes.

EDIT: Or maybe I should buy crypto with my $7k in the current dip and then later I can buy 2 Yetis, one for Saturday rides and one for Sundays.

"Double or nothing"

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy

Don’t you need 3? One to put against the wall whilst sitting at the local craft beer garden?

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Also same. In the age of $2k forks, suddenly needing the best part of $10k just for a frame and fork is too much of a stretch.

Hopefully a better exchange rate leads to some price reductions, cus if even idiots like me can't justify spending this level of money sales might drop off a bit otherwise.

Also massive lol at what the 2023 e bike prices will be.
I'm inclined to agree. Unless your bike is really upsetting you / holding you back or you've a money burning a hole in your pocket, it becomes very difficult to support spending this much.

Also, for Yeti in particular the bikes they're releasing are not THAT different to their previous release. If you wanted to, you could have a great time and save $$$ buying the prior model. Yeti might have painted themselves into a corner by not making the frames too different but increasing the pricing by quite a bit.

Keep and maintain your bikes all.

BKMad

Likes Dirt
Sad indeed. Surprised that these guys needed finance to run their operation after 11 years. Had they grown really rapidly recently?
"As things stand, Stanton Bikes Ltd is now under the control of the Administrators and our collective aim is trying to make sure that the handful of customers who have frames boxed up are ready to get their frames as fast as possible. We are currently in the process of having these shipped which is great news, and we are just waiting on new trading accounts being opened with the suppliers to achieve this.
As regards the 8 customers waiting on bikes, we are working hard to find a solution to get their new trail weapons shipped too, and we will provide an update on this situation in due course."

Well that's kinda good news. I think mine is one of the 8 though so fingers crossed this can actually happen.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
2023 Yeti SB140 Mountain Bike Review-19.jpg

Interestingly, geometry changes between this and the 130 are eff all, like serious spot the difference stuff - mainly slightly higher stack height and size specific chainstays. Agree that given how much of a rocket the 130 is (a trait the 140 is unlikely to ditch) the point of the SB120 is looking pretty suspect.