Newly Released Bikes General

moorey

call me Mia
Sold mine to someone on here in early 2012, so could possibly be the same one.. no way of knowing if I sold to Clivey unfortunately with the change of forum meaning PMs don't go back that far.
I pictured you as a large..... @ski spiggy also sold a large....but it had a cracked seat stay. Did you dud him?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Unabashed intense fanboy here. My first decent bike was an old 2001 tracer (which I'm still planning to give a Resto treatment to). I've since added a spider xvp, a SS1, tracer2, and spider 275a. They're all cool, some with minor issues, some have been flawless. But unless they go back to smooshing bits of metal together I've probably got all the intense I'll ever have.

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had an Intense Spyder FRO back in the day, absolutely loved it, but only lasted 12 months until a broke it.
From memory it was a crack around the seattube/shock mount that went the whole way round

INTENSE_JOSH

Cannon Fodder
Hey Guys,

Josh from INTENSE Australia here, happy to answer any questions you guys have on the 951 or any of our bikes for that matter. interesting to read some of the feedback from above regarding previous experiences with the brand (both good and bad).

XL out of stock already. Bank account breathes a sight of relief
What 951 were you interested in Trail or XC? we have more stock arriving over the next few weeks.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Ive loathed Intense the day my ‘Black Chrome’ M9 frame turned up from Fanatik Bikes, and when I opened the box it was just Grey.
Was that in 2014? My current 951 was supposed to be black and it is a metallic grey.

I've had 2 (old) 951 frames and both have been without issue and a lot of fun. But I hardly ride and take things very easy.

The paint on both held up really well too.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
What 951 were you interested in Trail or XC? we have more stock arriving over the next few weeks.
Trail. For the record I have a 2017 Primer, and it has been flawless aside from some internal cable rattle. I'm interested in the updated lower link frame design though as it apparently overcomes some slow speed square edged hang-ups from the first gen box link

INTENSE_JOSH

Cannon Fodder
Trail. For the record I have a 2017 Primer, and it has been flawless aside from some internal cable rattle. I'm interested in the updated lower link frame design though as it apparently overcomes some slow speed square edged hang-ups from the first gen box link
Ok so I just double checked on the XL bikes, and that's the one model that's a little further off than others. We are expecting more early Jan.

The link improvement over the earlier Primer is significant with quite a lot of change to it, but it is also designed to be a bit bigger hitting than the older Primer. What kind of riding do you say you use it for?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Ok so I just double checked on the XL bikes, and that's the one model that's a little further off than others. We are expecting more early Jan.

The link improvement over the earlier Primer is significant with quite a lot of change to it, but it is also designed to be a bit bigger hitting than the older Primer. What kind of riding do you say you use it for?

...I suspect he uses his primer for prime riding.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS

It's pretty much my do it all bike. For flat XC stuff I tend to now ride a hardtail, but anything with some chunk, from local Hobart stuff up to Maydena trips sees the Primer hauled out of the shed. Worth noting that the rider is a middle aged dad with a mortgage, and is far from fighting weight so it's not exactly Sam Hill levels of riding we're talking about

INTENSE_JOSH

Cannon Fodder
It's pretty much my do it all bike. For flat XC stuff I tend to now ride a hardtail, but anything with some chunk, from local Hobart stuff up to Maydena trips sees the Primer hauled out of the shed. Worth noting that the rider is a middle aged dad with a mortgage, and is far from fighting weight so it's not exactly Sam Hill levels of riding we're talking about
Having ridden Maydena this year at the MTB nationals, I can say the newer Primer/951 trail will be a massive improvement for you. if nothing more than for the slacker geometry and extra travel it has. the earlier primer was more an XC/ Trail bike where the newer model is more a Trail/Enduro bike. Its still bit of an all rounder, but more biased toward enduro than XC.
The Sniper T/951 XC is a monster for the hills of Hobart though, I know a few customers in the area that have them and just rave about how much the bike has to offer. It is more the genuine replacement for the earlier Primer.

INTENSE_JOSH

Cannon Fodder
Any updates on the Tracer 279 enduro bike???? On the hunt for a new rig and it looks interesting
As with every bike currently, there are major component shortages. We are working as hard as we can with suppliers to get a final build kit locked down and the bike to market. My current expectation is early next year (but I am still hopeful for sooner)