Newly Released Bikes General

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
@Squidfayce - okay , I understand where you are coming from - I am not a hill lover , ‘ sufferfest ‘ is not me .
I love the way an e-bike destroys hills , and makes it actually fun and challenging “ can I ride up that ? “

Okay
But , I am looking at buying a non e- bike in the short term .

And keeping my e,bike , and my fatbike, and my xc bike and my path bike . Coz all different .

I did buy a motorbike instead of a new ebike !

Your yeti is a beast , I personally would keep it , and buy a ‘ more reasonably priced e- bike ‘

As they are different , but equally fun .

If you want give mine a belt around the forest - whilst i know trek is a daggy brand , they have the tech sorted and it has been super reliable for over 5,000km of abuse with my fat arse on it !

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
I feel fitter just looking at it.

Which is lucky, since that's all I'd know how to do with it. :p
There's very little that can't be done on it
@Squidfayce - okay , I understand where you are coming from - I am not a hill lover , ‘ sufferfest ‘ is not me .
I love the way an e-bike destroys hills , and makes it actually fun and challenging “ can I ride up that ? “

Okay
But , I am looking at buying a non e- bike in the short term .

And keeping my e,bike , and my fatbike, and my xc bike and my path bike . Coz all different .

I did buy a motorbike instead of a new ebike !

Your yeti is a beast , I personally would keep it , and buy a ‘ more reasonably priced e- bike ‘

As they are different , but equally fun .

If you want give mine a belt around the forest - whilst i know trek is a daggy brand , they have the tech sorted and it has been super reliable for over 5,000km of abuse with my fat arse on it !
Maybe when lock down is done I can make a trip out to wombat and we can do a loop on each other bikes.

Don't mind trek. What size is yours?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I hate riding trails uphill.
Uphill is a very different thing on a lightweight gravel bike compared to an enduro bike.
Its only speed, with the same watt output effort the bike just goes slower.

All hills are not equal either, a nice techy climb, switch backed with various gradients that work is as nice as riding sweet down hill. Climbing fire tracks on a big slack 14kg bikes, not so much.

Black Dragon climb in Derby being the epitome of a f%#king super steep climb that produces smiles at the top.

Is it the thought that you could be going faster ? That your bike is slowing you down ?

To be honest, the happiness of climbing gravel results in a little bit of disappointment at the top as you have to descend either slowly on singletrack or fast on an uneventful gravel road.

There is no magic bullet when it comes to bikes.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia

All hills are not equal either, a nice techy climb, switch backed with various gradients that work is as nice as riding sweet down hill. Climbing fire tracks on a big slack 14kg bikes, not so much.
Only 14k? Rookie numbers. That’s an xc bike.
Black Dragon climb in Derby being the epitome of a f%#king super steep climb that produces smiles at the top.
The end of any pain brings relief.
Is it the though that you could be going faster ? That your bike is slowing you down ?

To be honest, the happiness of climbing gravel results in a little bit of disappointment at the top as you have to descend either slowly on singletrack or fast on an uneventful gravel road.
Solution. Fuck your gravel bike. Only ride big full sussers.
Just magic bullets.
FIFY. TLDR.

In short, tolerate the climbs. Love the descents.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid

Is it the though that you could be going faster ? That your bike is slowing you down ?

That's right, they're not equal or the same. It's not about happiness of riding gravel, it's just two different styles of riding that have little in common with each other. I like going down hill on a mtb, don't like climbing the stuff I like going down. Gravel/road I can just focus on the cadence and Zen out. Can't do that on a mtb. Completely different engagement.