Newly Released Bikes General

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
You're right, but it is helping me improve my skills more quickly! If I'd been on something less and attempted the jump, there's a decent chance that I'd have been injured and end up forced off the bike to recover and also taken a major setback to confidence. Instead I got a minor scare and a reminder that I ain't what I used to be just yet.
Keep in mind that carrying speed up the face of the jump is also critical too. A longer travel bike often sucks up that momentum by the time you get to the lip. You'll probably get more pop from a shorter travel rig

What happens after that, however, is a whole different story!

dazz

Downhill Dazz
Keep in mind that carrying speed up the face of the jump is also critical too. A longer travel bike often sucks up that momentum by the time you get to the lip. You'll probably get more pop from a shorter travel rig
Yep, for sure. I was really having to work to get the old rig to make the gap, sucking the hell out of the first jump and pedaling at the second and still struggling to clear it. The old school 888's and Fox RC certainly have plenty of 'suck' and a very distinct lack of 'pop'.

What happens after that, however, is a whole different story!
This is the part where I was ever so grateful to the Marzocchi's. Came up a little short and very nose heavy, thought I was gone for all money but the old 888's just soaked it up and I rode out. For such a simple low tech fork, it works pretty well, bit heavy though even for an old fork.

Petero

Likes Dirt
This is the part where I was ever so grateful to the Marzocchi's. Came up a little short and very nose heavy, thought I was gone for all money but the old 888's just soaked it up and I rode out. For such a simple low tech fork, it works pretty well, bit heavy though even for an old fork.
The new slacker head angles also help significantly on the nose landings and preventing OTBs in general.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Definitely not a particularly very good warranty there and a lot of it contradicts Australian Consumer Guarantee's, particularly the consumer having to pay for labour. Imagine if car warranties were the same, here's a new bottom end, you just have to fit it or pay to fit it yourself at our labour rates.
They have cut and pasted from some worldwide statement, means sweat FA here in AU.
Personally I think they better hope someone doesn't draw the ACCC's attention to it, may not go down so well. Its missing a number of key statements required in AU, but they may have a correct version in the docs you actually get with the bikes.

nathanm

Eats Squid
They have cut and pasted from some worldwide statement, means sweat FA here in AU.
Personally I think they better hope someone doesn't draw the ACCC's attention to it, may not go down so well. Its missing a number of key statements required in AU, but they may have a correct version in the docs you actually get with the bikes.
I'm not sure the ACCC really cares unless a company has multiple and significant breaches that are worthwhile taking court action against. Google the action against Ford as an example and the absolute fuckery they were allowed to get up to for year after year before action was taken.
Unfortunately what it boils down to is the ACCC just provides consumer advice and can do nothing in individual instances, regardless of whether the business is breaching the guarantee or not. The only recourse for individuals is to take action through the Civil Administrative Tribunal (which we don't have in TAS of course) or costly legal action.
The automotive industry is one of the biggest culprits of this and makes horrifying reading what some people have gone through.
I doubt global bike companies are really going to care if they're meeting their local requirements as the issue actually becomes one between the store and the consumer, not the manufacturer, so you have to take legal action against the LBS who in turn takes action against the manufacturer. It's a messed up system as who can be bothered taking a day off to go to small claims court for $3-500.

TL;DR - Cannondale buyers beware, their warranty gives you little to no protection.

Minlak

custom titis
I'm not sure the ACCC really cares unless a company has multiple and significant breaches that are worthwhile taking court action against. Google the action against Ford as an example and the absolute fuckery they were allowed to get up to for year after year before action was taken.
Unfortunately what it boils down to is the ACCC just provides consumer advice and can do nothing in individual instances, regardless of whether the business is breaching the guarantee or not. The only recourse for individuals is to take action through the Civil Administrative Tribunal (which we don't have in TAS of course) or costly legal action.
The automotive industry is one of the biggest culprits of this and makes horrifying reading what some people have gone through.
I doubt global bike companies are really going to care if they're meeting their local requirements as the issue actually becomes one between the store and the consumer, not the manufacturer, so you have to take legal action against the LBS who in turn takes action against the manufacturer. It's a messed up system as who can be bothered taking a day off to go to small claims court for $3-500.

TL;DR - Cannondale buyers beware, their warranty gives you little to no protection.
What he said - People think the ACCC is some all powerful entity that will come to rescue them on a shiny horse and make that big bad company do the right thing.

Pretty much the ACCC gathers information from your complaint - If they get enough complaints they ask for a please explain and may or may not fine the company involved.
As an individual you lodge a claim get told it sounds like you have a valid claim please proceed to small claims court and make a claim. That's it the end of their involvement.
Threatening a company with the ACCC is only going to help if they think you will actually go to court and or they are actually worried about the ACCC.

The motor industry is a whole other issue as there is an upper limit on the cost of the item for it to be covered under small claims and or ACCC this has been slowly being addressed and seems mostly fixed now