Newly Released Bikes General

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
You are a lot more 'steezy' than I though... I suspect my "Dad-bod and lame" riding style appreciates their less girder-like feel compared to some other alloy offerings.
Must be why I like them too! I sometimes sorta regret buying the carbon trance over the alloy one. I do enjoy the almost XC chuckabiltiy of the lightness, but the alloy version i rode before buying it did somehow feel a little more planted, and in a way the few hundred grams of frame mass wouldn't explain. But ultimately the carbon bling factor won :)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You are a lot more 'steezy' than I though... I suspect my "Dad-bod and lame" riding style appreciates their less girder-like feel compared to some other alloy offerings.

I have always found maestro to pedal like a legless seal on acid. It bobs like a busy truck stop hooker, is sooooooo sluggish, and hooks up on the chunder. Which is not traits I would expect from a virtual pivot design. I've tried a few of the other virtual platforms and everything else left it for dead.

It feels like they have somehow nailed all the negative characteristics of other suspension platforms while skirting each of their patent protections.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I have always found maestro to pedal like a legless seal on acid. It bobs like a busy truck stop hooker, is sooooooo sluggish, and hooks up on the chunder. Which is not traits I would expect from a virtual pivot design. I've tried a few of the other virtual platforms and everything else left it for dead.

It feels like they have somehow nailed all the negative characteristics of other suspension platforms while skirting each of their patent protections.
Maybe its because I only have the technological masterpiece of the Orange SP to compare it to :)

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt

And I thought I was a Giant hater. I kneel at the feet of the master!

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Must be why I like them too! I sometimes sorta regret buying the carbon trance over the alloy one. I do enjoy the almost XC chuckabiltiy of the lightness, but the alloy version i rode before buying it did somehow feel a little more planted, and in a way the few hundred grams of frame mass wouldn't explain. But ultimately the carbon bling factor won :)
I have two 2020 Trance 29ers, one in alu and one in carbon. I can't tell the difference in ride between the frames. The carbon's a lighter build but its funny how little difference there is when you get out and ride them.

Fully agree though that the carbon one looks like crap. Got a bit of that Mondraker dog taking a shit vibe to it.

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
Although the alloy version still looks nice. And made in a raw alloy - not bad at all.
First it annoyed me because they often don't change the brake routing run it to the other side of the frame, then I noticed the Photoshop effort on the brake routing where the front hose disappears so maybe they do bother to reroute, but don't take a photo of the actual bike but just pay someone to Photoshop (well I guess they were photo shopping anyway). Nothing to actually add, just an old man shouting at clouds......
1713248656982.png