Newbie From Coffs Harbour

metroid

Likes Bikes
Hi all,
Been lurking on this site for a good few months now and had bought some stuffs from fellow rotorburner.
About time to post my first post, since I was judged by a fellow rotorburner to be dodgy with 0 posts and not worthy of selling his goods to me.
I have just gotten into MTB March last year. Years of road riding. Earlier poor introduction to MTB backed in 2007 put me off until I rode a more suitable trail suited to my inexperience MTB skill set.
Now riding a FS Whyte T130 Works. Loving this bike. Riding mostly on single track at Pine Creek, Coffs Harbour. Loving this trail.
Hopefully, I would join more in discussion but definitely learning from fellow Mtbs.

wavike

Likes Dirt
I haven't ridden Coffs myself, but sounds like there are some good trails around. Not a lot of Whyte's around although they seem to be good stuff. I think they would be more popular if were stocked at LBSs. Post up some ride reports and bike pictures.

metroid

Likes Bikes
Thanks Wavike. Coffs and surrounding have a few good trails which aren't well known to riders outside the areas (unless you know someone from this end).
Jack Ridge at Nambucca Head is a fabulous trail. I heard Kempsey (at the back of golf course) is a fantastic trail too. Then you have Bom Bom at Grafton. In Coffs, Pine Creek is quite well known locally and a great ride to be had if you heading this way.

Edit - Will post some pics of my steed soon.

Last edited:

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Welcome dood ... I rode Jacks Ridge near Macksville just prior to Christmas ... was pretty fun even though I was stuck on the shorter loops with my son. I was trawling around and I think there are a couple more legit trails sprouting up around you ??? is that true ?

Other then Jacks Ridge I've also ridden Piney ... but quite a few years ago ... Cows with Guns was the standout in my head ... has the area had much work done to it over the last 3 years ??? was a bit of a rabbit warren from memory, but luckily was ridding with a few locals which made it easier and flowy'er

metroid

Likes Bikes
Hi Nerf,
Not sure how Cows with Guns was like prior to me taking up MTB. New trails were added last year to make it a bit longer. Overall, I don't mind CwG. juts Pine Creek has more features than CwG. Some good local MTB doods have made Pine Creek easier for tourists by marking the loop. It is a rabbit warren if you dont know the area. I haven't heard any trails coming along. I certainly hope so and the Council should take note as it is a drawing card for niche tourists to the area.

marc.r

Likes Dirt
Check Strava or pop in to Woody's wheels in woolgoolga to see Scott. He has done some great work on some trails behind woolgoolga. I think they held an enduro event there a few weeks ago.

Dozer on here is leading the charge on the DH scene in coffs too and is has the mt coramba dh back and running.

Once you ride either of those areas you won't want to go back to cows with guns!

metroid

Likes Bikes
Check Strava or pop in to Woody's wheels in woolgoolga to see Scott. He has done some great work on some trails behind woolgoolga. I think they held an enduro event there a few weeks ago.

Dozer on here is leading the charge on the DH scene in coffs too and is has the mt coramba dh back and running.

Once you ride either of those areas you won't want to go back to cows with guns!
Thanks Marc. I have heard good things about Woolgoolga and at the back of Bruxner. Coramba would be a bit extreme for me at the moment. I would make a drive to Woody's Wheels to check out the location of these trails. Cheers.

safreek

Hi all,
Been lurking on this site for a good few months now and had bought some stuffs from fellow rotorburner.
About time to post my first post, since I was judged by a fellow rotorburner to be dodgy with 0 posts and not worthy of selling his goods to me.
Hi bud, sad you had a bad experience trying to buy someones second hand castoffs, most arnt like that on roto. Must of been a strange person. Good luck in the biking. I would sell you parts if I had any to sell. Bloody security conscious world