New to mtb in Darwin

G'day. I will soon be purchasing myself a sweet full sus trail bike. As i am new to riding in Darwin any info about group rides or sweet tracks would be great. Hope to see you out there soon.

Suburban rider

Likes Dirt
wait you have bikes in darwin, nah jokes not sure about mtb in darwin haven't heard much about the scene up there, i really just felt like cracking a joke

SkyMonki

Likes Bikes
Darwin MTB

There are lots of All Mountain trails in Charles Darwin National Park (CDNP). Very good single track of ups and downs as well. There's one as well in Lee Point of a good and fast trail riding. Plus other areas in Palmerston. There is also a good place at Litchfield National Park where there is a good 1 to 3-minute DH track that's good for practice/training if you're into it.

Believe it or not, I have a DH rig here in Darwin. :) I ride and race in Asia before I came to Darwin years ago and still love DH so I didn't stop doing it.
I ride at CDNP on my trail bike and do endurance training there.. and ride on my DH bike for practice/training on fast single track and on good cornering areas at CDNP. There are short tracks that you can connect that goes all the way down. Short, but good for practice as mentioned. There are areas where you can put jumps to enjoy more. When I get time, I travel to ride DH somewhere else or race and have fun. But if you ride trails and AM tracks, you'll enjoy there at CDNP.

Its just about maximising what you have around and gaining from your ride.

If you ride/race BMX/MTB or slalom, there is a place for that as well in Darwin. Lots of bike parks too.

So lucky for all the riders in the mountainous areas.. I envy them. :)
Hope to ride with you guys some day when time permits.

Group rides, by the way, are also by D.O.R.C. or SpokesNT or by other MTB groups in Darwin.

This section is so lonely, haha!

Cheers!

Last edited: