New Sunnies

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
I used to not see the point of expensive oakleys but their current prism tech is pretty darn good for contrast compared to other brands. I was sceptical but after trying them they are really sharp. Can't you just find a set of oakleys that have enough coverage, they have pretty much any shape you want?
I'm a big Oakley fan - Holbrooks are the only sunnies I wear, had 5 pairs on the trot - but I also don't like the shape of any of their sports sunnies and fancy seeing what else is out there

If you are sensitive to sudden glare, photochromatic is not great. I've found in some instances they are way too slow to respond. Nearly binned it coming from the opening at bright into the dark tree covered part of the trail, basically lost vision and had to actually stop to wait for it to settle in.
Yeah agree. I'd get a photochromic lens for another pair for early morning riding but thats it

Which Oakleys do you have? I have a pair of knockoff Sutros that I like so much i've epoxied the arms back on multiple times & am now considering actually getting a legit pair.
Old pair of frameless ones, can't remember the model. Have a road tint though and not great for the trail
Sungod !

Was a Maui Jim slut for many years, now got 3 pairs of SunGod Renegades in different colours.

Mine are all 4KO Polarised, I had 2 pair before they released the 8KO, they are clear as a bell so couldn't see the point paying 50% more for the new 'better clarity' 8KO.

They're on the list for sure. I like the design but they're a bit exxy

What size head/face have you got? do you need a small, standard or large frame size?

as Calvin said, photochromic are a bit poo and slow to respond. They will never cut glare in bright sun, generally speaking
Pretty standard sized round head, but need some wider glasses for my normal prescription ones

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Disappointed to make it this far without anyone recommending pit vipers! Be earned though, you need a wide head to get a good fit.

These?

Go full enduro!!!

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Best pair of sunnies I had were a pair of Gloryfys, kept them for over eight years and they really were indestructible, unfortunately in the end they weren't un-misplace-able. Left them somewhere on holidays last year and have spent the last twelve months going through half a dozen different sets of other brands because I keep telling myself the price of new Gloryfys was ridiculous, this thread has finally convinced me to stop dicking around and just buy some. On the plus side I now have a feed full of adds from every cut price sunglass manufacturer on the planet.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Best pair of sunnies I had were a pair of Gloryfys, kept them for over eight years and they really were indestructible, unfortunately in the end they weren't un-misplace-able. Left them somewhere on holidays last year and have spent the last twelve months going through half a dozen different sets of other brands because I keep telling myself the price of new Gloryfys was ridiculous, this thread has finally convinced me to stop dicking around and just buy some. On the plus side I now have a feed full of adds from every cut price sunglass manufacturer on the planet.
#Gloryfys4lyf

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
New mod @dazz rules with an iron fist.

I’m using ‘euro’ riding glasses these days. Comfy and light, don’t sweat up, and were only about $30 from the LBS.
These, in white, but clear. 6 months in of daily use and I haven’t scratched them up yet.
https://eurooptics.com.au/product/bike-white-smoke/
I've had quite a few pairs from euro. Generally pretty good bang for buck. They used to (may still?) have a good warranty/replacement system as well.

unfortunately in the end they weren't un-misplace-able. Left them somewhere...
I have quite a few pairs of sunnies, they are a bit like shoes, and had done this with my favourite pair as well. They are ... Somewhere.