New Sunnies

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
Looking at some new sunnies for commuting duties on the new gravel ride. I would prefer something polarised but the Bolle safety range jump up by about $40 for that option. Looking at a set of these, Contour smoke platinum (which means they are scratch/fog resistant) for $30 and can pick them up from around the corner where I'm picking up the new ride.

View attachment 402016
NGD.. Bolle Contour version with ESP/"copper flash". pretty similar to the Sidewinder, but the end of the arms a bit different... plus oddly more diffuse reflection..
A rort at Blackwoods, but on the shelf...
1697177166908.png

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Check if they block UV light.. if so is likely PC lenses snd shatter-proof
It says they’re PC and UV blocking. Either way they do lighten up in the shadows so I can see the roots, and do a reasonable job as sunnies out in the bright. For the money I rate them.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well if @Haakon had any riding in a certain part of the middle east planned he should be fine.

I had some of their pedals a while back. Purchased as they were too cheap not to risk...bent first ride without even trying.

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
About a week into getting a new pair of sunnies. My eyes are getting more and more sensitive to light after a long day so stumped up a few more bucks and got some Oakleys. After a bit of a read opted for the "Prizm Trail Torch Lens" blar blar marketing etc etc but they do seem to be pretty well suited to MTB and cope well with light conditions from full sun and dappled light all he way down to dusk. I usually dislike sunglasses for riding as I can't always pick out the fine features but the lens color does seem to let you pick up a bit more contrast than 'normal' lens'

Jabubu

let you google that for me
About a week into getting a new pair of sunnies. My eyes are getting more and more sensitive to light after a long day so stumped up a few more bucks and got some Oakleys. After a bit of a read opted for the "Prizm Trail Torch Lens" blar blar marketing etc etc but they do seem to be pretty well suited to MTB and cope well with light conditions from full sun and dappled light all he way down to dusk. I usually dislike sunglasses for riding as I can't always pick out the fine features but the lens color does seem to let you pick up a bit more contrast than 'normal' lens'
Can confirm - I have some Oakley Radar EV Advancer Prizm Trail Torch Sunglasses - they're good for driving on sandy surfaces too :)