New MTB trails open in Tassie

bigdamo

Likes Dirt
In this day and age when it is getting difficult to get land managers on side it is good to see the Dorset Council general manager not only fully supporting these new trails but actually out there riding them. http://www.examiner.com.au/story/2865619/statewide-interest-in-mountain-bike-trail-video/?cs=95

The Derby area in Northern Tasmania is one cracker of an to ride in. When you add this area with the recently open Hollybank MTB trails makes Northern Tasmania one must go ride areas in Australia.

Gerokit

Likes Bikes
Urban downhill

What about a bit of Urban Downhill for Hobart, they've got the hills which lead down to the river. If they can do it in Chile then I'm sure they could do it in Tassie!!!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
It's great to see these projects popping up with full support from area managers and land owners. I have tried countless times to prove the worth in investing in quality trails that will keep the locals happy and attract tons of visitors but the area I'm in is loaded with people who are too fucking stupid to get out of a fire.
My advice to land owners is to get on the wagon and get involved in mountain biking and adventuring. What can you possibly lose out of it?

99_FGT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What about a bit of Urban Downhill for Hobart, they've got the hills which lead down to the river. If they can do it in Chile then I'm sure they could do it in Tassie!!!
There used to be a leaderboard for one through the uni - bar to bar. All KOM's were set after dark, after a few beers...

bigdamo

Likes Dirt
It's great to see these projects popping up with full support from area managers and land owners. I have tried countless times to prove the worth in investing in quality trails that will keep the locals happy and attract tons of visitors but the area I'm in is loaded with people who are too fucking stupid to get out of a fire.
My advice to land owners is to get on the wagon and get involved in mountain biking and adventuring. What can you possibly lose out of it?
The problem is MTB tourism is some what new to the adventure tourism scene as opposed to say hiking,rafting etc etc . The Coffs hinterland is one special place. I've ridden it but on a Moto but I know were the MTB ride well I did last time I was up there visiting friends that was 15 years ago.

As with everything people want to know whats in it for them. Well Dozer now you can go and show your local community/council and accommodation providers, restaurants etc, etc what communities are doing in Cairns, Tasmania, ACT and I see Wollongong for MTB tourism.I'm sure you have done this but the momentum now is strong.