New member sign up issues

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
G'day folks,
We're so sorry this problem is hanging around, it's a pain for all of us but we are working on a fix. I believe it is something to do with the new XenForo format we're now using but don't take that as gospel.
Please hang tight, we're trying to source the fix as quickly as we can.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Yep, its shit but my hands are tied. I'm still waiting on the intel to have it fixed. Sorry folks.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Does this apply to signing up on a phone only, or all platforms?

I'm assuming these guys don't only have iPhones and can access a computer?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I dunno Tubbsy, we're still getting new member applications so I'm unsure what the source of the problem is. @Scott needs to look into it for us.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Hmm,

I just tried to sign up on both Firefox and Chrome on a Mac. Recaptcha did not load on either.

Can somebody on Windows give it a try?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Same issue:
"Verification: reCAPTCHA verification is loading. Please refresh the page if it does not load."

Copy and paste loaded this though (even though the screen only shows what's above):
"Verification:
Enter the words or numbers from the box above:

Reload or listen to audio. By reCAPTCHA™

Reload or go back to text. By reCAPTCHA™

reCAPTCHA verification is loading. Please refresh the page if it does not load.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Yep, that's enough different setups tested to suggest the problem is at our end.

Andy_Ryder

Likes Bikes
Guys, I found a work around which is how I managed to get signed up after trying for some time, and I came across it by chance. If you sign up using tapatalk on your phone, you can register without a captcha and it goes through fine. If you have anyone trying to sign up that can't suggest tapatalk ;)